PDA

View Full Version : Help: CTC/Easyjet assessment 9th Feb!

UFO-flying-Airbus
4th Feb 2010, 13:57
[Mods, if this is in the inappropriate forum please accept my humble apologies]

Hi all,

I've been invtited to attend an assessment day in Southampton with regards to a F/O position with Easyjet.
I'm A320 rated with 1500hrs on type.

I have obtained some basic info about what to expect but I would really appreciate if anyone could expand on the following;
'Pilapt' tests. Can these be practiced somewhere?
Technical questionnaire on the A320. Any idea what kind of questions?
Sim check; Any info whatsoever would be appreciated
Assesment date(s) in late Feb. a possibility(to allow me more time to prepare)?Any information would be most welcome!

Best regards,

UFO-flying-Airbus.

hvogt
4th Feb 2010, 19:18
UFO,

it's been a while since I passed the PILAPT CTC are using for their Wings Cadet programme, and I can assure you the test is a piece of cake. If you can fly an airbus you should have anything it takes to pass. Anyway, before I went to Bournemouth I bought some software from these folks (http://www.cockpitweb.com/pilottest.html), and it did me no harm. I think practicing with the software did not improve my dexterity or vigilance at all, but it helped me to stay calm because I knew what I had to expect. However, I have to warn you that, should you consider buying the software, you will get very little for your money. For a hundred quid you will get a bunch of very simple applications that all look a bit like they had been designed for a Commodore C64.

As for the more advanced stages of the assessment, I'm sure someone else will be able to help you.

Best of luck,

hvogt

UFO-flying-Airbus
4th Feb 2010, 19:54
Thanks so much for you help. I've just purchased that software (although I believe it will take a couple of days before then send it).
Thanks again.

hvogt
4th Feb 2010, 21:42
My pleasure.