PDA

View Full Version : Pesky Cargo Doors

JohnBarrySmith
12th Jul 2001, 20:20
Mr. Lok Vi Ming of SilkAir offers: "For example, in its probe into an accident involving a United Airlines Boeing 747 jumbo jet in Honolulu in 1991, the NTSB had concluded that the incident was caused by the sudden opening of an improperly-latched cargo door. But when the US Navy later dredged the seabed and retrieved the cargo door, it was found to be properly latched."

Dear PPRuNe members: There is much more here than a safety agency admitting an error and correcting it with new conclusion and AAR NTSB AAR 92/02. This problem of electricically induced inadvertently opened cargo doors in flight has happened four times before with catastrophic results each blamed on other reasons. If you fly as crew in early model Boeing 747s (-100 or -200) with its Poly-X or Kaptonized type wiring and have responsibility for passengers' lives, I urge you to email me for my pdf file of my AAR on Air India Flight 182 which documents the conclusion that the shorted wiring/forward cargo door rupture/explosive decompression/inflight breakup explanation is responsible for four fatal events and the probabe cause of faulty wiring has not yet been corrected.

I am not anonymous and give my credentials below.

John Sampson is my reference who can vouch for my perseverance and my lack of any conspiracy nonsense although he may not agree with the conclusions. Any factual rebuttal is welcomed from PPRuNe members.

Sincerely,

John Barry Smith
(831) 659-3552 phone
551 Country Club Drive,
Carmel Valley, CA 93924 www.corazon.com (http://www.corazon.com)
[email protected]
Commercial pilot, instrument rated, former FAA Part 135 certificate holder.
US Navy reconnaissance bombardier navigator, RA-5C 650 hours.
US Navy patrol crewman, P2V-5FS 2000 hours.
Air Intelligence Officer, US Navy
Retired US Army Major MSC
Owner Mooney M-20C, 1000 hours.
Survivor of sudden night fiery fatal jet plane crash in RA-5C