PDA

View Full Version : A320 zones of PF/PNF responsibility

Boroda
2nd Feb 2010, 17:00
I used to fly on 737 and I got accustomed to fact of strict adherence to assigned zones of responsibilites for PF/PNF throughout the flight.

Now I fly on 320 and it is a strange thing for me, that Airbus does not define such zones exept for preflight preparation. SOP designs strict action blocks which includes actions for PF/PNF in order like disorder in various cockpit parts and that is all.

For example, on 737 if I had wanted to switch smthg on overhead panel as a PF, I would have asked PNF for this. But on Airbus I can do any switching/selecting/... with another pilot informing and checking if only this action is not his direct SOP assigned.

So, am I right in this conclusion, or I have misunderstood smthg?

PappyJ
3rd Feb 2010, 08:50
You should always cross confirm actions on the flight deck. Critical system or not, you're part of a team and the other team members need to know what's happening at all times. That should not need to be written in an SOP to be understood.

TyroPicard
3rd Feb 2010, 08:57
Imagine you are PF, and PNF is listening to the ATIS. You decide you need EAI on - do you interrupt his task or switch it on yourself?

Boroda
3rd Feb 2010, 18:26
If PNF is listening to ATIS he must have transfered PNF duties to PF, so it is no problem.

I mean not good CRM practice I do want to know whether Airbus determines definite zones of responsibility b/w PF/PNF like Boeng.