JCC
30th Jan 2010, 06:04
Hi :8

as an engineer on cockpit applications for taxi phases,
I have a metaphysical question:

when a crew receives a taxi routing, does it always match with a unique
physical path ?

In particular, can it be that when you receive a clearance, all
the taxiway you are about to go are not all detailled (some omitted as obvious) and can this lead to non unique trajectories (ex: shorcuts).

Any weird case appreciated (CDG, FRA, ...)

kijangnim
30th Jan 2010, 06:18
Greetings
plenty of applications have been developped OANS to name few.....
they are waiting for CPDCL implentation.....

Cap Loko
30th Jan 2010, 09:20
when a crew receives a taxi routing, does it always match with a unique physical path ?

Once the routing is issued, there's usually one path. But often, not the whole taxi route is issued (can be done in steps, depending on traffic for example) and changes in routing while taxiing are possible too, including shortcuts.

Checkboard
30th Jan 2010, 11:36
Taxiing at CDG, the taxi clearance specifies the taxiway parallel to the runway, which you use to approach the runway end, and the intersection to be used for take-off. There are a couple of different ways to move from the parallel taxiway to the intersection in some cases - but I wouldn't term any of them a "short cut", more a "confusion of routes". ;)

JCC
30th Jan 2010, 19:26
I'm trying to find some cases to better illustrate the point.
Checkboard: are you refering to taxiway Delta in CDG North (shortly interrupted by BD4 and by K1) in this case would the control detail x.D.BD4.D.y or just x.D.y for instance (even progressive taxi) ?

Anyway thanks for your feedbacks. From your answers it seems that there is something to dig :8:ugh::}:8...