PDA

View Full Version : Renewal of Instructor Rating

alphaadrian
27th Jan 2010, 09:30
Hi all,
My intructor rating lapsed last year so I have to complete both a seminar AND a flight test with an Flight Instructor Examiner. I know the seminars are all held "down South" but was wonderng if anyone knows of an FI Examiner who can complete the flight test up here. "Up here" meaning Scotland or even the north of England.

Cheers Guys
Alpha:ok:

mad_jock
27th Jan 2010, 11:00
There are 2 up north. Operate in the Dundee, Perth area. Tayside and the scottish aero club should be able to give you contact details.

And as a personal note try and go to an Ontrack seminar. The one I went to was interesting and informative. The lecture by the Medic was quite amusing and interactive. There are core subjects that they have to cover which will bore the arse off you but they do make it as painless as possible (NPPL and the various forms of gliders with donks comes to mind).

Mates that have been to the AOPA ones didn't seem to have such a painless time.

'India-Mike
27th Jan 2010, 12:48
Not wanting to do the East coast guys out of any business;) but there's also Stuart Hill at Prestwick Flying Club. Chances are however it'd have to be a Saturday you do the test.

alphaadrian
27th Jan 2010, 17:54
Thanx for the info guys:ok: And yes...the wellesbourne seminar would be the one id be aiming for. Much apreciated chaps

Alpha

FlyingGasMain
29th Jan 2010, 14:53
Sorry to hijack this thread slightly, but does anyone know the score for re-validating your FI Rating for the first time ? Mines due in June. I've had 2 different answers so far.

One source said you just need to do a Flight Test.

The other said you needed to do the Flight Test AND a seminar.

Any help much appreciated.

Talkdownman
29th Jan 2010, 16:12
FI(A) Revalidation
For the holder of a FI(A) to revalidate the rating they must complete 2 of the following requirements:
a. Complete at least 50 hours of flight instruction on aeroplanes as FI, CRI, IRI or as Examiner during the period of validity of the rating, including at least 15 hours of flight instruction within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the FI rating, 10 hours of this 15 hours shall be instruction for an IR if the privileges to instruct for an IR are to be revalidated.
b. Attend a FI refresher seminar approved by the Authority within the validity period of the FI rating.
c. Pass a FI (A) proficiency check within the 12 months preceding the expiry of the FI rating. For CFS Category Instructors, a CFS Standardisation check on a single-engine piston aeroplane completed within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the FI rating, will be accepted in lieu of a FI(A) proficiency check.
d. For at least each alternate revalidation of a FI(A) rating the holder shall pass a proficiency check.
The first revalidation after initial issue of the rating shall include a proficiency check as one of the requirements. Thereafter, a proficiency check shall be included as one of the requirements at least every alternate revalidation.

........but then you knew where to look.....didn't you........ ;)

FlyingGasMain
30th Jan 2010, 18:57
Thanks very much for that - admit I should have tried looking there !

Flight test for me then.

blommers
4th Feb 2010, 10:46
I´m about to re-validate my FI (A) for the first time (I have the "no applied instruments" and ME removed). Does instructing towards an IMC rating count in the 10 hours required of IR instruction?

Also there is no mention of ME instruction under the re-validation section, what is the requirement for this as I´d like to just get everything done in just one go?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.