PDA

View Full Version : Study Materials for FAA to TC Conversion

CL604-Pilot
26th Jan 2010, 12:11
I am in the process of converting FAA ATP to TC ATPL. I already did medical evaluation and am waiting to hear back from TC with my file number.

I am in need of study material for the 25 question test that you have to take in order to get the TC ATPL.

Does anyone know where to get this type of information?

Help is appreciated.

Thanks

John.Davis
26th Jan 2010, 20:18
Here is the link to the Transport Canada web site where they reference the study materials for the test.

Recommended Study Material for the FAA Conversion Examination - TP 12881E - Study and Reference Guides/Sample Examinations - Flight Crew Examinations - General Aviation - Aviation Safety - Air Transportation - Transport Canada (http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/general/exams/guides/tp12881/conversion.htm)

jl_pilot
30th Jan 2010, 21:30
Hi, I'm doing the same thing. Still waiting on my medical from Transport Canada. I found a website that has a FAA ATP to TC ATPL online ground school course. It'll cost you $100 CDN.... I'm still going through the software at the moment...seems ok so far... Might be worth looking into.

www.pilottraining.ca (http://store.pilottraining.ca/catalog.php?category=15)

Jermaine...

kanin
31st Jan 2010, 11:08
I took the test a couple of years ago. There was no study material back then. I studied the AIM...pretty dry...but it work well for me.
Good luck on the test!

jdsmith
3rd Feb 2010, 01:36
challenger dude,
i posted this a couple months ago and will repost cause it really helped me.
i used pilottraining.ca, they have a course for $100 can.
i have no connection with these guys other than i passed!
this is supposed to be the second most failed tc canada test
good luck

jl_pilot
9th Mar 2010, 11:20
Hi guys, I just took the exam and passed with a good mark. I used the www.PilotTraining.ca (http://www.pilottraining.ca) conversion course. My overall thoughts on the course is, it's a good guideline on what to study. What I do advise is, anyone who does take this course, back up the study with a TC AIM and CARs manual, especially when they refer to regs which is the source of their information.

No course is perfect and I did find one or two errors but overall it's a good course. The exam itself wasn't too dificult. It was mostly based on Canadian airspace with a few other regs and regulations like flight and duty time, approach procedures etc. Some questions contained in the course came back on the exam so I was happy with that!

You could "probably" study on your own but like I said, the course was a really good guideline for me. I'm not swearing by it but it worked for me!

Good luck guys,

Jermaine.

gcwa
1st Nov 2011, 15:58
Has anyone heard of also having to write the instrument exam in Canada when converting your FAA ATPL to TC?

From what I understand, you take the FAAAA exam and pay for all the extra ratings you want on your TC ATPL ie. multi rating.

According to TC Office, you must take the Instrument Rating Exam to have it on your TC ATPL after converting it......so confusing.....

Has anyone recently studied from the pilottraining.ca site? If so, did you study the all the quizzes or just the simulated FAAAA exam? End results?