PDA

View Full Version : BBJ & B767 VIP Captain Jobs, Jeddah

batsky2000
25th Jan 2010, 14:25
There is a job posting for a BBJ and B767 captain position for a VIP operation in Jeddah. Anyone know who this is, and do you have contact info for them? I am a current BBJ captain but my job is going away as the BBJ that I fly is for sale.

Thanks for the help!!!

mandsballard
25th Jan 2010, 22:31
Where did u find this add??? I'm trying to get on with Saudi in the Falcon7X/Hawker400XP program.

mutt
26th Jan 2010, 03:19
What Falcon 7X program????? Hawker maybe, but 7X....... ?

batsky2000, do a search for Midroc or Middle East Jet, they used to be National Commercial Banks aviation wing. They are the only company that i know of with the BBJ/767.

Mutt

NZ X man
26th Jan 2010, 20:04
The job is listed on CLimbto350, and from what I gather, you have to be age fifty or less, which keeps some of us out of the loop. Offers a great 6 week on, 6 week off schedule. requires 500 hours in type. Does not list a contact except through the web site, but as previously mentioned, there is a Banking Group that has both those aircraft.
Good Luck

Delsey Drifter
27th Jan 2010, 09:46
Careful of this one - don't leave a solid job to head here:

:bored: The chap who runs the aviation department runs it as a fiefdom; "don't do as I do, do as I say" pretty much sums up his management style. He's a class act - has fired guys for having alcohol in their rooms but has his way with the girls.

:cool: He's fired more pilots & engineers of late than he's hired. The youngest driver is in his mid-fifties, bunch of retired US guys, chief pilot is in his seventies. The flavor was typically Yank but there were a bunch of Saffers aboard but most of them recently got canned. Their two wide-bodies (757 & 767) were down for extended (read 'unpaid') maintenance and they put a lot of the guys on half-pay furlough; that seems to be over (read 'they paid the MRO') and they're short.

:ooh: The rotation is valid but it's never a hard six-on, six-off. Far from it. You don't know when you're about to rotate off. I've seen some guys told on the same day that they're shipping out today. And it's quite acceptable to our feudal leader to call you back after you've been home for a short time - some guys have taken exception or voiced their exception to this in the past and it led to instant dismissal. Flexibility is one thing; this borders on down-right dicking around.

:sad: You typically don't know what you're doing tomorrow when on duty. The BBJ's fly pretty hard (most days) and you earn your pound of flesh. Not sure if they've changed their recurrent training policy but there was/ is a policy in that only the senior captains (left-seaters) did recurrent simulator training - some of the junior guys hadn't seen the inside of a sim in two years. All in the interests of saving money.

:O On the good side there are the occasional brown envelope, which goes a long way to supplementing the average wage. Which is OK for a rotation.

:ouch: They won't pay for your rotation ticket if your home-base is a long way from Jeddah - it's negotiable but some Yanks only get a ticket as far as Europe. Helps to be a retired airline guy.

:8 I doubt they're hard & fast on the 'under-50' age thing although they are obviously concerned at the significant age gradient. They won't be spending any time on training/ getting you current - the qualifications/ PC recency will be enforced. An FAA ticket is a must, Cayman validation as big plus.

Put it this way - most of the guys still there are happy. Because most of them need this job. They put up with it. If you fit in with the above scenario and can put up with it then send in your app.

Good luck. And if you do get in the door, remember to treat the guy like the royalty he believes he is - goes a long way to keeping the job and having an OK time. Nope, I never worked for them, just live in the neighborhood.

The Drifter

NZ X man
28th Jan 2010, 03:56
DD

Thanks, that was the kind of thread that answers many questions, straight forward, to the point, probably as close as you could get without working there. Greatly appreciated. I have worked for operation just like that, and the never a dull moment prevails.

Thanks Again

MP