PDA

View Full Version : Easy Winter brief

tubby linton
20th Jan 2010, 15:16
Does anybody have a copy of the Easy Winter brief that they do not need?

CaptainSandL
20th Jan 2010, 16:10
Copies available in every crewroom, if not ask your AORM for a copy.

tubby linton
20th Jan 2010, 16:15
Check your pm.

B737-800W
20th Jan 2010, 16:51
can i have this document as well? :ok:

regards

lalbak
20th Jan 2010, 22:01
I'm interested too :ok:

Marlboro_2002
20th Jan 2010, 22:04
me too,

regards!

b773
21st Jan 2010, 16:27
Me too! Thanks

Bertie Bott
21st Jan 2010, 16:40
Me nine! :P

tubby linton
21st Jan 2010, 18:34
This thread has produced a lot of interest but so far nobody seems willing to share something in the interest of flight safety.

Checkboard
21st Jan 2010, 19:18
It isn't that interesting. It simply gathers together the various paragraphs relating to winter ops that are scattered throughout the operations manual into one reference. If you are not flying to the easyJet ops manual, then the booklet isn't worth chasing up. If you are using the easyJet ops manual, then the brief is available as in the second post. :hmm:

CaptainSandL
21st Jan 2010, 19:22
My thoughts exactly. The bulk of it is not applicable to other airlines. If you want one for your airline suggest it to your Flight Ops people, they will be glad to hear from you.

a400
22nd Jan 2010, 09:37
Gents

Please, if may I ask for copy of a Easy Winter Brief.

Thanks a lot:)

A400

handsome goafer
22nd Jan 2010, 20:17
Lots has been removed from this year´s edition, last years is better

The Flying Cokeman
22nd Jan 2010, 20:34
tubby linton,

I think you will find that most EZY pilots use the folder for themselves, giving it to you won't help us during the winter.. We only get one per season.
As previously stated this folder is based on easyJet operation so it won't really fit you and whatever operation you are in.

tubby linton
26th Jan 2010, 19:36
I have seen quite a few negative replies from the alleged orangina regarding this topic,claiming that this booklet only applies to them, but this begs the question,do you really operate the aircraft very differently from the rest of the world's 737 and 319 operators?

lurkio
26th Jan 2010, 20:14
Hi Tubby, no we don't operate the bus any differently but to be honest the bluey/green book would not be worth having unless you have a copy of our OMA or FCOM. I see you are an ATPL on big busses so the info in it will be familiar to you. It is mostly theoretical stuff on weather, icing etc. Anything that needs a definite figure ie holdover times has a reference to either our OMA or FCOM. The only thing spelled out longhand is the decode for a Snowtam/Rwy State Decode which I am sure you have.
The winter brief has been getting thinner for a couple of years and as an uncontrolled document I don't think the management want it used without reference to the OMA/FCOM.

Sorry to be so unhelpful, to all those that have requested a copy I applaude your conscientiousness and desire for information but I am afraid we probably cannot help. As has been stated already the best people to ask our your own Ops Depts, I would hope that they would make all efforts to produce a guide, that way you will be bulletproof on that dark, cold snowy night.

tubby linton
26th Jan 2010, 20:16
lurkio,the phrase a round object consisting of frozen water in a very hot place spring to mind