PDA

View Full Version : Bose Aviation X headset Orlando

Effohh
20th Jan 2010, 09:49
I am visiting Orlando this Easter and am seriously thinking about buying a set of these whilst there. My question is can anybody suggest an aviation type shop where I could buy these at competative prices. I will have a car but also kids in tow so do not want to be driving for too long as Mickey will be waiting!!
Thanks for any info.:ok:

Effohh

cessnapete
20th Jan 2010, 10:04
Bose X headsets are sold at one price worlwide 995 US. Bose dealerships are based on this selling price so you won't find any 'bargains'.
I bought one from Pacific Coast Avionics at Lakeland while in Tampa last month. Any dealer will send to your US address for pickup after ordering on line or telephone.
If you pop it in your suitcase with your personal gear you save UK vat and duty, not that I did of course!!

W2k
20th Jan 2010, 10:08
Sorry for not really answering your question, but why do you need a brick-and-mortar shop? I would suggest buying online. You're also likely to get a better deal since it's much easier to compare prices on the 'net. Also saves you the hassle of actually driving to the store. (Although perhaps you have a special reason for buying them in Orlando? I don't live in the USA so I wouldn't know.)

I recently bought a Lightspeed Zulu headset, local pilot's shop wanted €920 for it. Instead I bought them hardly-used for €500, from a guy who bought them online for €620 but then decided he wanted the Boses instead :D

Effohh
20th Jan 2010, 10:15
Thanks for the replys guys, I was just thinking that there might be some special deals out there, have been checking out ebay prices for nearly new ones.
Well in that case will have to rethink my plans.

Cheers

Effohh

ab33t
20th Jan 2010, 10:54
You may get a better deal on the Zulu