View Full Version : Ppl Question

MrBrightside
13th Jan 2010, 19:30
Okay, bit of an odd question but I was wondering who designs the questions on sites such as air quiz and ppl quiz. Thinking of subscribing but I am not sure how similar the questions are to the real CAA questions?

Any opinions?

Thanks in advance
MB

liam548
13th Jan 2010, 19:33
the confuser book is probably a better buy than airquiz

mur007
13th Jan 2010, 19:49
Airquiz tests you beyond PPL level whereas the Confuser is just up to PPL only. I'm not sure off the top of my head what level Airquiz goes up to but it is beyond PPL.

Lister Noble
13th Jan 2010, 20:14
I used airquiz and found it good as a back to reading the books and really studying the subjects.

tomtom_91
13th Jan 2010, 20:34
I am using air quiz to help - Its really good and only £20 for ALL the subjects (inc IMC) or £3 each!

liam548
13th Jan 2010, 23:02
I am using air quiz to help - Its really good and only £20 for ALL the subjects (inc IMC) or £3 each!

good point, confuser is no good for me when I come to do my IMC

joelgarabedian
14th Jan 2010, 12:42
I found AirQuiz pretty useful too. The questions have a different feel to them than the actual exams, but they gave me a good measure of when I was ready to sit the exams. Best of luck :ok:

Joel.

TractorBoy
14th Jan 2010, 13:12
good point, confuser is no good for me when I come to do my IMC

There is an "IMC Confuser" available by the same author. Invaluable - although it does (or did ) still reference FIS, RIS and RAS. Mind you, so did the ground exam as it hadn't been updated !!

MrBrightside
14th Jan 2010, 16:36
Thanks for the replies.

Yes I currently have the PPL confuser and I definatly regard it as an invaluable tool. The questions are very similar to those which appear in the real tests. I was just thinking air quiz might be a useful tool to recap on certain subjects. I wonder how may people studying for their PPL theory use the likes of air quiz? My guess would be quite a few.

Cheers
MB

Redbird72
15th Jan 2010, 08:34
I used both; I would construct mock exams using the confuser and use AirQuiz to give myself quick tests in my lunchhour to see what had stuck after studying during my journey in to work.

The confuser is good at teaching you to read the question properly; it's easy to lose marks by reading the question too quickly and missing the point.:confused: