PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Experience?

V1 VR V2
12th Jan 2010, 19:48
Hi,

Just a quick one here i know that to fly as single pilot IFR for a commercial operation in the UK you need a min of 750HRS. What i wanted to know was the figure required if flying commercially but in VFR operations as single pilot i.e VFR charter and scenic flights?

Thanks in advance V1

FLEXJET
14th Jan 2010, 07:13
OPS 1.960
Commanders holding a Commercial Pilot Licence
(a) An operator shall ensure that:
(1) A Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) holder does not operate as a commander of an aeroplane certificated in the Aeroplane Flight Manual for single pilot operations unless:
(i) When conducting passenger carrying operations under Visual Flight Rules (VFR) outside a radius of 50 nm from an aerodrome of departure, the pilot has a minimum of 500 hours total flight time on aeroplanes or holds a valid Instrument Rating; or
(ii) When operating on a multi-engine type under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR), the pilot has a minimum of 700 hours total flight time on aeroplanes which includes 400 hours as pilot-in-command (in accordance with the requirements governing Flight Crew Licenses) of which 100 hours have been under IFR including 40 hours multi-engine operation. The 400 hours as pilot-in-command may be substituted by hours operating as co-pilot on the basis of two hours co-pilot is equivalent to one hour as pilot-in-command provided those hours were gained within an established multi-pilot crew system prescribed in the Operations Manual;
(2) In addition to subparagraph (a)(1)(ii) above, when operating under IFR as a single pilot, the requirements prescribed in Appendix 2 to OPS 1.940 are satisfied;

Appendix 2 to OPS 1.940
Single pilot operations under IFR or at night
(a) Aeroplanes referred to in OPS 1.940(b)(2) may be operated by a single pilot under IFR or at night when the following requirements are satisfied:
(1) The operator shall include in the Operations Manual a pilot’s conversion and recurrent training programme which includes the additional requirements for a single pilot operation;
(2) In particular, the cockpit procedures must include:
(i) Engine management and emergency handling;
(ii) Use of normal, abnormal and emergency checklist;
(iii) ATC communication;
(iv) Departure and approach procedures;
(v) Autopilot management; and
(vi) Use of simplified in-flight documentation;
(3) The recurrent checks required by OPS 1.965 shall be performed in the single-pilot role on the type or class of aeroplane in an environment representative of the operation;
(4) The pilot shall have a minimum of 50 hours flight time on the specific type or class of aeroplane under IFR of which 10 hours is as commander; and
(5) The minimum required recent experience for a pilot engaged in a single-pilot operation under IFR or at night shall be 5 IFR flights, including 3 instrument approaches, carried out during the preceding 90 days on the type or class of aeroplane in the single-pilot role. This requirement may be replaced by an IFR instrument approach check on the type or class of aeroplane.