PDA

View Full Version : Canadian ATP to FAA...

bman351
11th Jan 2010, 16:58
Has anyone recently tried converting their Canadian ATP to FAA ATP in the last month? I wrote the exam, did the medical, etc. I went to do the paperwork in SEA and they said they are currently not doing them because of expired guidelines from Washington D.C.. Not sure exactly what that means outside of the typical bureaucratic BS... all I know is that they are not doing conversions.

If anyone has any info whatsoever can you please PM me. I have a sim date at the beginning of Feb. and I really need this licence. Otherwise, I have to find a Canadian ACP and fly them down to do my ride.

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year.

varigflier
12th Jan 2010, 14:11
Maybe you could try another FSDO. You might get a different answer.

blues deville
16th Jan 2010, 13:21
After completing the medical and exam in the YYZ area, I was able transfer all my type ratings onto a temporary FAA licence at the Rochester, NY FSDO location last July. It took about one hour to complete the process with the FAA.

I recently added another type rating to both US and Canadian licences.

5LY
16th Jan 2010, 15:01
If you're doing an FAA ride then that itself should get you the ticket assuming that all other requirements are met. If it's a type rating ride, then take your new FAA ATR with the type on it and MOT will endorse the type on your Can. Lic. Good Luck.