PDA

View Full Version : Montreal cops let Hollywood star jump long airport lineup

Carrier
9th Jan 2010, 12:44
Quote: "She and her husband were scolded by Air Canada representatives for being late after being caught in long lineups despite arriving at the airport just before 5:30 a.m."

Did she obtain this Air Canada representative's name and file a complaint? Has this representative been identified and disciplined? Customers should not have to put up with this sort of insolence. Did Air Canada learn nothing from its public relations fiasco a year ago?

Quote: "A uniformed Montreal police officer helped whisk the Hollywood star (Halle Berry) and her boyfriend past an airport security queue while other passengers languished in long lines at the city's Trudeau airport this week." "The officer took the personal initiative to allow them to go through the line faster, but that's not something the Montreal police supports."

Why has no disciplinary action been taken? This sort of thing happens in Third World countries. A bribe is usually involved. This whole thing stinks! Is this what Canada is descending to?

Montreal cops admit error in letting Hollywood star jump long airport lineup - Yahoo! Canada News (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/100108/entertainment/halle_berry_airport)

ab33t
9th Jan 2010, 13:53
Yes the perks of being a somebody

Flatface
9th Jan 2010, 21:12
Do cops and security guards that actually do the scanning have to be scanned before entering the secure side of the airport? If not, would this not be a lapse in the secure perimeter around the aircraft and the passengers boarding?

I am subjected to random metal detector scans and searches of my lunch box and pockets, who checks the checkers?

Willie Everlearn
10th Jan 2010, 19:45
Public figures generate far more unnecessary attention in the first place and cause far more delays at security screening than normal folks anyway.
I can understand the f**kup.
Is it acceptable? Probably not. And the idea of "rank having it's privelige", that's not likely to change. Even if it's an actress.
But let's face it, this whole pretentious security heightening thing is a knee jerk reaction to security agencies failing to communicate any way. So, we, the majority, will just have to suck it up and pay the price.

How unique? :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Me? I'm quitting flying to check out a new career in airport security. As a full body scanner operator. Halley Berry? Let's see what's she's trying to hide. Now that's an assignment! :ok:

albatross
11th Jan 2010, 11:47
There is a line at YUL to allow Business and First Class pax / those with special needs / through on a priority basis - pay the money get the service- so what was the problem here?