PDA

View Full Version : Better experience: Single Eng. Turbine vs Multi Engine Piston

newpilotflyer247
7th Jan 2010, 07:35
Hi Guys/Girls,

New to PPrune just had a quick question for the more experienced - more so the Canadian pilots in the industry. Canadian pilot with around 1000 hours trying to work up the ladder slowly with aspirations to go to the airline someday. Which experience is looked at more favorably or more marketable with employers in Canada or even internationally when applying for future positions onto bigger aircraft? Single engine turbine experience or multi engine piston experience? Not sure if I posted in the right area for this question, views/insight would be much appreciated.

ab33t
7th Jan 2010, 08:46
ME Turbine would be the best here . ME time is more important as you would most likely be flying ME jets

Old Smokey
8th Jan 2010, 01:28
In Canada, or just about anywhere else for that matter, Multi Engine time is far more valuable for future airline employment. If you had many thousands of hours on single engined aircraft, and were lined up beside a MUCH lesser experienced Multi Engine qualified candidate for the same job, they would hire the ME guy/girl!

Regards,

Old Smokey