PDA

View Full Version : BRAL+BRYMON NOW BAR JOIN THE FOLD

kippa
5th Sep 2001, 13:20
I am told by a very reliable source that at a meeting in Waterworld yesterday, "management" for that is what they call themselves, advised unions that BAR was to be amalgamated with BRAL & Brymon to form the Citixpress low cost sub division of Big Airways.

BAR pilots are on BA master seniority list so there shouldn't be too much of a scrap there. Cabin Crew on the other hand can expect a big fight as LHR seems to be full and a new Citixpress lifestyle beckons.

aidybennett
5th Sep 2001, 19:26
Anyone know when Citi-express is going to happen and are they going to be recruiting? I'm interested because I may be offered a position when it happens.

raitfaiter
5th Sep 2001, 19:57
So, CitiExpress is Rods version of ASL in Cathay, or is it 'B' scales....same formula time after time.... :rolleyes:

overstress
6th Sep 2001, 01:55
Chatham:

To be perfectly correct, there are no 'BAR Pilots' - they are all mainline, sub-contracted to BAR for which BAR has to pay the appropriate rate (a closely-guarded secret)

The so-called 'BAR Pilots' need not worry, except about re-location & directional preferences!

bertieb
6th Sep 2001, 02:25
Actually Overstress some of the BAR pilots might actually want to be in the regions flying second rate B737-500's.The world is not just centred on LHR longhaul and if BALPA let this happen ,then I'm offski again.
Can't rant anymore my blood is starting to boil!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ 05 September 2001: Message edited by: bertieb ]

[ 05 September 2001: Message edited by: bertieb ]

Bigpants
7th Sep 2001, 11:05
Given that our chief pilot departed BAR Airbus to go and work with Brymon not that long ago there would seem to be some credence in this rumour.
I take some comfort however, from the fact that BAR cabin crew and their union have got the B***ocks to take on the management and make their life very difficult.
BALPA will probably just roll over and let the management rear end the flight crew once again.

[ 07 September 2001: Message edited by: Bigpants ]

LargeJet
7th Sep 2001, 11:41
In answer to Capt Bigglesworth, Citiexpress is expected to be up and running in April next year.

Cold Soak
7th Sep 2001, 14:30
Hey Capt. B,

Check www.flightinternational.com (http://www.flightinternational.com) for jobs in CitiExpress, in the jobs section under B.A.

AK747
7th Sep 2001, 22:57
Sorry but who is "BAR"
:confused:

Meeb
8th Sep 2001, 17:39
BAR = British Airways Regional, part of BA, based at Manchester & Birmingham.

HOVIS
8th Sep 2001, 19:38
UNBELIEVABLE HOW BLINKERED SOME PEOPLE ARE.
BIGPANTS: IF YOU THINK BALPA ROLL OVER, TRY THE AEEU THEN YOU'L SEE SOME TRICKS. WHEN BA SAY JUMP THEY DO A TRIPLE BACKWARD SOMERSAULT THROUGH A HOOP AND DON'T EVEN ASK FOR BISCUIT AFTERWARDS!!!!!!

Human Factor
8th Sep 2001, 20:58
To add to Overstress' remark about BAR paying a substantial fee for BA mainline pilots:

The deal is currently a very sweet one because BAR also get the use of nine shiny new Airbuses and a few second-hand 737s. They can actually source pilots from anywhere but if they chose not to use BA pilots, they'd have to find their own aircraft.... I guess this is where Brymon come in. :eek: