PDA

View Full Version : DHC2 W&B

boofhead
5th Jan 2010, 16:13
You would think after all this time...

I cannot find any info in the manuals of the Beavers I sometimes fly concerning the weight and balance with skis. I know the basic stuff but cannot find anything about the change of balance when the skis are extended. Does anyone have info or a lead to where I can find this stuff? Thanks in advance, you guys have never let me down yet!
The skis are Fluidyne 6000 for the mains, they weigh 262 for the pair and the tail is a Flilite 2000 weighing 30 lbs. I guess they go back only a few inches when extended, but I have no info on this.

enicalyth
7th Jan 2010, 13:35
They are not particularly adept at answering e-mails but they are the people I think.

I thought that it was just me they ignored!

V1... Ooops
9th Jan 2010, 06:35
I am not familiar with the "Fluidyne" wheel-skis that you refer to, however, in case it may help you, there is no change in the balance of a DHC-6 Twin Otter aircraft when wheel skis are extended or retracted. This is clearly stated in the DHC-6 Twin Otter AFM supplement for wheel skis.

If the "Fluidyne" skis are a product that was originally provided by de Havilland, there should be a supplement in the AFM that specifically addresses operation with these skis. If they are a STC fitment, then it is unlikely that there would be any de Havilland documentation about them - the STC holder will have issued an approved AFM supplement.

Viking Air in Victoria, BC, Canada is the type certificate holder for the DHC-2 Beaver. The company can be contacted by email, the email address is [email protected]

Brian Abraham
10th Jan 2010, 01:31
Any help? http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/2e54769191b918ae8625715a006af38f/$FILE/A-806.pdf