PDA

View Full Version : Mesa Air Group Files Bankruptcy

Brakeburner
5th Jan 2010, 12:50
Mesa files chapter 11 today. Looks like the forces of the market are working.

But at least some of us still have jobs. At the moment.

All my best to those who will lose their job. And their families.

PS I have never heard of anyone leaving Mesa and not being better off professionally, financially, and psychologically within six months.

Feel free to educate me otherwise.

Happy New Year.

BB :ok:

sb_sfo
5th Jan 2010, 15:29
This can't be good...lots of extra tin lying around.

UPDATE 2-Mesa Air Group files for bankruptcy, to cut fleet | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/idCNSGE6040DB20100105?rpc=44)

Bigmouth
5th Jan 2010, 18:44
I have never heard of anyone leaving Mesa and not being better off professionally, financially, and psychologically within six months.
I have.
And in the early nineties they were just about the only ones hiring.

Bruce Wayne
5th Jan 2010, 19:39
chapter 11 isn't bankrupt.. it's bankruptcy protection...

In court papers, Mesa listed assets of $975 million and liabilities of $869 million as of Sept. 30. The company offered no forecast on when it expected to emerge from bankruptcy

many larger carriers have been in and out chapter 11 routinely over the past decade.

protectthehornet
5th Jan 2010, 20:24
I hate mesa

but I wish the decent people there good luck. I have flown for airlines that have been in chapter 11...the first people paid in chp 11 are the workers.

But, one day. one of my airlines closed up in chp 7. no warning. indeed, they held a party for us the day before saying that someone was buying us, investing big bucks in new planes etc.

BAM

all she wrote

time to use your sick time up, vacation time...and look for a better job

kikker43
5th Jan 2010, 22:48
I think everyone is fedup with CEO J.O

wanabe2010
6th Jan 2010, 03:35
YouTube - So You Want to be a Regional Airline Pilot? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RayMaswju1A)

protectthehornet
6th Jan 2010, 03:50
ornstein sucks

I used to fly for WestAir, back when its HQ was in Chico, CA. 402's.

circa 82 or so I guess.

PantLoad
6th Jan 2010, 05:32
Since Mesa is a high-labor cost airline, there should be no doubt to anyone why they're having financial problems. Especially the pilots, employees make tons of money, work very little, have massive retirement
plans, etc.

NOT!!!!!!

Fly safe,

PantLoad