PDA

View Full Version : PPL Re-validation | The rules...

pilotkitten
5th Jan 2010, 11:29
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering whether you can help me on the clarification of the rules to revalidate my PPL:

I have a UK JAA PPL (A) and this is my second time revalidating - this time though I live in Dubai and I dont want to go back to the UK to do any hours...

My question is... can I do the required 12 hours (with 1 dual and 12 t/o and lndg) on the basis of a foreign PPL as the hours will be logged in my Log book in the same manor as before and will not in any way show that I have flown under a foreign PPL.

This then leads onto the 1 hour with an instructor - do they have to be a UK CAA certified instructor or again... could I use a foreign instructor?

I'm assuming no to all of the above but thought it was worth checking...

Thanks

Cat

ab33t
5th Jan 2010, 13:13
The flying part can be done anywhere as long as the aircraft is correct type . The FI has to be CAA as the FI has to sign you off and submit the paperwork to the CAA

S-Works
5th Jan 2010, 15:20
The FI has to be CAA as the FI has to sign you off and submit the paperwork to the CAA

Actually it is the EXAMINER not the FI that does the paperwork for the CAA. If you find an FI who is also an Examiner you can do both in one go otherwise you will need to do the 1hr flight with an FI and the paperwork for revalidation is then completed by an Examiner.

Whopity
5th Jan 2010, 15:29
The one hour dual flight has to be with a JAA FI he does not have to be from the UK! A JAA Examiner is also acceptable to sign the C of R and complete the SRG1119. Alternatively you can send a photocopy of your log and your details (SRG1119) to an examiner elsewhere to get the C of R signed. Remember you sign on the SRG1119 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1119.pdf) that the information is correct.