PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Can Help me about Non JAA ATPL Conversion?

737 CL
4th Jan 2010, 22:00
Hi Guys,
I'm Currently doing the UK Atpl Conversion From an Icao Atpl,I'm Type Rated in B737 NG with more than 1500 Multi Pilot and 500 hs on type, So my question is What Do I have to do after I Finished my theoretical test. What Could you recommend me according your experience. Do I need to get th FRTOL License before my skill test? What papers Do I need to have for the Skill test? Do I need to have the Language Proficiency Check before the skill test or the CAA inspector can Check my Language?. What can you tell me?

Many Thanks in advanced.

Pablo

redsnail
5th Jan 2010, 10:12
Have a look at LASORs Section G. Available online from the CAA website.

Once you have the 14 exams done and dusted, search for a TRTO who will organise a sim LST.

You'll have to organise the CAA inspector yourself.

Coordinating the two will take some time and the CAA inspector is not cheap.

I recommend at least 1 or 2 sim sessions to get you up to speed for the CAA LST.
Tell the sim instructor what you need and they should tailor a sim session.
I recommend reading up on the UK differences with respect to non precision approach speeds etc.

You should receive a "credit" for the radio licence.
You will also need your log book ready for inspection + any letters from previous employers confirming your hours. (Makes it easier)

737 CL
5th Jan 2010, 18:56
Many Thanks for your Reply Redsnail.... When You say I'll get a credit for FRTOL What Are you trying to say? I don't need to pass the exam for the license? Is the Caa inspector able to test me in the Icao English Requirement or I need to go to a approved center to get the certificate?

Kind Regards.

redsnail
5th Jan 2010, 19:55
You need to do all 14 exams. You won't have to do the "practical" bit for the radiotelephony licence.

As for the language qual, when booking the CAA inspector for LST, speak to the CAA about that test too.

Good luck.

737 CL
6th Jan 2010, 00:40
Many thanks for you answer