PDA

View Full Version : certificate of revalidation

seymour beaver
3rd Jan 2010, 20:56
Hi,My sep rating was valid until 04-08 and i did not renew.This was partly due to a motorcycle accident then a lack of cash.It is now a wish of mine to fly an ikarus ppl(m) not too bothered about a cessna 150/172.Should i revalidate on a 150 to "regain" my ppl then get training on a microlight or is there an alternative route.

Whiskey Kilo Wanderer
4th Jan 2010, 10:16
Hi Seymour,

I suspect the best option is to get your PPL (CAA or JAR-FCL) renewed by test, LASORS Section F1.5 refers. That will cover you for the Ikarus. Then any training you need for the insurance or rental requirements will be on top of that.

I know of one local pilot who went to the trouble of trying to get an NPPL (SSEA) as he couldn't meet the medical requirements of JAR Class 2 and wanted to continue flying. They sent the paperwork and cheque back, telling him to continue flying on his CAA PPL(A) using the NPPL Medical Declaration. I appreciate your problem is not medical, but shifting over to NPPL(M) may reduce your flexibility.

Good luck getting back in the air.

Safe Flying,
WKW.

DFC
4th Jan 2010, 12:50
The best way is probably to renew the SEP class rating and then do the differences training for the Microlight.

A smart way to do it if you want to fly the C42 is to find a C42 certified to VLA and renew your SEP on that then if you want to fly micolight simply find a C42 which is restricted to the Microlight Category.

They are both the exact same aircraft just the paperwork is different.

seymour beaver
6th Jan 2010, 19:03
Thanx for the advice guys.