PDA

View Full Version : More 777 Info

nbairlines
3rd Jan 2010, 17:50
Good evening,

In a few weeks i will start my conversion to the 777.

For the 737 there is a very useful book "Cockpit Companion"
I was wondering if there is similar reading material for the 777?? Looking for some "nice-to-know" , extra technical/systems background info; not found in the FCOM's (which are not very in-depth IMHO)

Looking forward to some recommendations,

Thanks very much in advance,
:ok:

NB.

PT6A
3rd Jan 2010, 18:17
I guess you have the FCOM / QRH? If not i can email them to you.

PT6A

nbairlines
3rd Jan 2010, 19:13
yes sir, I have the FCOMs and QRH. Thank you for the offer.

I was wondering if there are any publications á-la 737 Cockpit companion, which give more detailed information.

For my current aircraft (ye olde Fokker) my company issues the standard manuals and on top of those a publication called `plane facts´ which provides some extra scematics and in-depth explanations.

I´m looking for similar info for the 777 (if such a publication exists...)

Is it me, or are AOMs /FCOMs getting less detailed :8 ?

:ok:

NB

mustafagander
4th Jan 2010, 09:10
Training for many years now has been "Specific Behavioral Objectives". What that means is "we teach you how to work the systems, not how the systems work".

I prefer a bit more info but often the instructors, if you get one - we get a CBT package and a phone number to call an instructor with any questions - don't know any more than the package. :{

Good luck in finding more "nice to know" information.

Denti
4th Jan 2010, 09:49
Allways worth to take a chat with the maintenance guys, sometimes they can provide you with a digital copy of their manuals regarding systems which usually do explain quite a bit more than the FCOMs.