PDA

View Full Version : JAA CPL

bedix84
3rd Jan 2010, 09:32
What do you do Usually in your oral :eek:and practive examination:eek:-??
please post here the recurrent question and the practice of past pilots as a help and information to the new Commecial pilot!;)
Appreciate this help
:ok:Thanks:ok:
:D:D:D:D:D

Shunter
3rd Jan 2010, 11:05
What oral exam is this you speak of? No such thing over here. You'll have a chat about your flight planning etc, but there's no FAA-style oral.

Standard CPL test would contain a departure, nav leg, diversion, general handling, instrument flight, nav-tracking and circuits. In an SEP you'll do a practice forced landing, and in an MEP you'll do asymmetric work. Not massively different from the PPL test in content, although to a higher standard.

Whirlygig
3rd Jan 2010, 13:45
You might get a couple of general questions asked by the examiner. I was asked what I was looking for when I checked the fuel and how many pieces made up the rotorshaft plus a couple of others.

Nothing difficult or anything to catch you out.

Cheers

Whirls

BigGrecian
3rd Jan 2010, 14:23
Actually there is an oral section - which is relatively new - it is Section 6 on the test and is constantly being expanded.

Basic questions, about the operation of the aircraft, airspace etc - if you passed your FAA Oral the JAA one should be a breeze bar the differences in law and airspace etc

Have a read of for guidelines for the test Standards Document 3 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_03_A.PDF)