PDA

View Full Version : German Aviation

SextanteUK
2nd Jan 2010, 20:58
Hi everybody,

I'm learning german and I'll move to Munich next year, because there's no jobs in UK, no jobs in Spain, and the rest of Europe is more or less the same, I mean low experience positions :=. I've seen that, in general, the German health is much better than the rest of countries.....of course you can find companies in negative situations, but for example Air Berlin or German wings.....the hire from time to time.
The question is, does anybody know how it looks there? in all Germany....pilots jobs, ops jobs......whatever. :E

Thanks guys.

Denti
3rd Jan 2010, 05:54
You might be able to land a GA job if you pay for the rating, although that sector is in a bad shape. Air Berlin does hire a very few pilots at the moment, no clue if they continue to hire but at the moment that isn't really planned. More than half of those open spots are allready filled and with a couple thousand applications the chances are slim to land one of the remaining ~50 jobs. LH (and GWI is part of LH) does not hire outside its own flight school for the foreseeable future since they still have a couple hundred guys working for condor who can and have to return to the other LH companies over time while at the same time their own students go onto a waiting list with unsure prospects at the moment.

The regional companies working for LH all have to slash considerable parts of their workforce as LH is getting rid of all small aircraft (everything below 70 seats), only excemption for the time being is Air Dolomiti, but things might change there too. There are plans to merge Eurowings and Cityline but no one knows how, and both airlines are currently planning on reducing their workforce. All in all the demise of the small segment of LH regional will put quite a few very experienced pilots on the german job market which is allready saturated.

Aerologic is still hiring, but with over 4000 application for the open spots (around 120 all in all in 2010) they can take their pick and do pay extremely bad especially for the kind of operation they do (actually way below air berlin pay scales).

SextanteUK
3rd Jan 2010, 13:54
Thanks for your answer! :ok:

I see there are problems everywhere, but at least it sounds like I can find something, MAY BE!, but that's something for me! because this is my 4th year searching for a job.
When you say GA jobs you mean small cargo companies or air taxi, B200, Metro, Twin Otter, etc....¿? That would be awesome...:E
Do you think there's a airport better than the others? I mean with a major amount of GA companies.

Thanks for your help mate.
Sextante

GlueBall
3rd Jan 2010, 17:20
Fourth year searching for a job? Maybe you need to lower your expectations somewhat during global recession. Asia? You mention no qualifications, but if you have PIC jet, there are jobs available in China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam. . . . Pilot Jobs, Aviation Jobs, Aviation Employment, Career Fairs, Job Fairs (http://www.climbto350.com)

SextanteUK
3rd Jan 2010, 19:07
Searching 4 years since I finished in my aviation school....I'd love to but I don't have any experience, just 305 h.......and I can't afford a type rating+LT for example, actually I don't believe in that way, I preffer to improve my profile and that's the reason why I'm learning German, it's like my personal bet...I live in Scotland to improve my english, and I want to live in Germany to improve my German and try to find a job, may be FI, may be Ops, hopefully a pilot job in a small aircraft...I don't know, I'm just trying to find an opportunity, as all our mates I know..:ugh:
Lovely profession, but very hard way till you find a place to stay.