PDA

View Full Version : Normal checklist A320

Boroda
1st Jan 2010, 22:12
Before take off down to the line has a line "ATC........SET". What is behind this?

Spasibo

hetfield
1st Jan 2010, 22:13
X-ponder ?

Torque2
1st Jan 2010, 22:32
Is it not ATC.........______SET thus requiring for the underline the sqwawk number and therefor the response..........5670 SET? thus confirming the code and the fact that it is set? :ok::ok:

Boroda
1st Jan 2010, 23:33
I intentinally wrote no inderline like in the original checklist by Airbus, that is why I ask the right meaning of the line. Because I don't know what I should respond when no underline: what set, where set, when set?:ugh:

Microburst2002
2nd Jan 2010, 18:38
There is no underline, so you just need to respond "SET" but not before checking that it is not in STBY and the ATC allocated code is introduced.

Boroda
2nd Jan 2010, 19:59
But what should I check to be set? It is a nonsense. It is against all the rules for checklist, there should not be such answers like set, checked, competed, no indefinite situation - what set - squawk or any other ATC switch. Why do you think it's a squawk? If it's so, why not to write "ATC code":ugh::)

galaxy flyer
2nd Jan 2010, 21:14
Does your company have a training program?

GF

SK8TRBOI
2nd Jan 2010, 21:30
GF - LOL!

Bless his heart, I think he's a sim guy who wandered over here.

I hope...

rudderrudderrat
2nd Jan 2010, 21:37
Hi,

FCOM 3.03.10 2003 REV 26 used to say :

- ATC code ..... CONFIRM/SET

The words in the check list have been reduced for brevity / clarity.

Boroda
2nd Jan 2010, 23:21
RRR,

thanks a lot for your reference. It used to be better than now without any doubt.

Boroda
2nd Jan 2010, 23:25
Chizburgeri dolbanie, posmotrel bi ya na vas v souze

Microburst2002
3rd Jan 2010, 09:05
The response has to be "SET" only (if the ATC is effectively set, of course, which means: code set and on or auto mode)

PNF challenges: "ATC"
PF: checks mode and code, and if auto or on and code inserted, then responds "SET".

I think it is quite simple and sensible. Many add the code inserted, or even the equipment being used, 1 or 2. Same as adding the elevation when responding to the BARO REF challenge. The point is ascertaining that we were assigned a code, we inserted it and turned the Xpnder ON or AUTO.

rudderrudderrat
3rd Jan 2010, 10:23
Hi Boroda

Chizburgeri dolbanie, posmotrel bi ya na vas v souze

Double Cheeseburger sounds great thanks.
Happy New Year to you also.

groundfloor
4th Jan 2010, 16:01
On a 320/30/40 you are the PF taxying the ac and should only have to glance at your ND where you should see TA ONLY in a white box at the bottom. You then reply set.. The PNF will have switched the 3 posn rotary switch to TA/RA as part of his/her pre-takeoff actions.

The code and modes are done at the gate..before engine start, transponder should be in auto mode..

Boroda
4th Jan 2010, 18:08
You could call me either Stupid or send me to training division, but I am sure that it is not normal, when almost each one here has his own vision on what do/respond upon reaching this line.
This fact goes in opposite with checklist principle of clear understanding and so on.
What the problem to write ATC CODE(SQUAWK)? It is clear for you, though I cannot insist on it after your explanations, but it should be clear for everybody. Is it international aircraft?

Hi, RRR
Double Cheeseburger sounds great thanks.
Happy New Year to you also.
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/statusicon/user_online.gif http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.pprune.org/report.php?p=5417852)

Chisburgeri dolbanie means smthg not eatable :) in Russia

hetfield
4th Jan 2010, 18:13
Is it international aircraft?

Definitely yes!

- international airlines
- international crews

etc.

pensador
4th Jan 2010, 18:22
Hey, Boroda! Don't you think your are the only one who knows russian. Bud' vejlive!

PA38-Pilot
4th Jan 2010, 18:43
Groundfloor,

On a 320/30/40 you are the PF taxying the ac and should only have to glance at your ND where you should see TA ONLY in a white box at the bottom. You then reply set.. The PNF will have switched the 3 posn rotary switch to TA/RA as part of his/her pre-takeoff actions.

The code and modes are done at the gate..before engine start, transponder should be in auto mode.. He's referring to the ATC...SET in the before takeoff checklist, ABOVE the line (not below it). You will only get the "TA Only" on the ND when the xpdr is switched to TA or TA/RA. The only way to check if it is set or not (with the correct code and modes) is by looking at it.

Boroda
4th Jan 2010, 18:56
Pensador,

Accepted, agressii bez naezda ne bivaet - a to shlestnulis dva umnika, v shkolu otpravlyaut. :)

Glad to meet you here, what company are you from?

pensador
5th Jan 2010, 05:47
Aeroflot. And you from?

Boroda
5th Jan 2010, 06:07
As well. 320 division.

pensador
9th Jan 2010, 08:41
:) ------------------

Boroda
10th Jan 2010, 07:24
Pensador, could you explain me the strategic normal checklist change meaning in the last edition?:ugh:

hetfield
10th Jan 2010, 08:35
@pensador and boroda

Excuse me Sir, does aeroflot have a training department?