PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 737 Instructor Guide

Tee Emm
1st Jan 2010, 09:11
I still have a copy of the Boeing 737 Instructors Guide first published by Boeing August 1975. It is a first class publication of 120 pages and apart from glass cockpit updates has good gen still relevant to teaching how to fly the 737. Was this the only edition published or do Boeing still publish a similar instructor guide updated to the Classics and NG series?

ab33t
1st Jan 2010, 12:16
There are several variations of the 737 manuals out there

Tee Emm
2nd Jan 2010, 12:09
There are several variations of the 737 manuals out there

If you mean the standard FCOM and FCTM I am aware of that. But a specific Boeing publication Instructor's Guide is what my query is about. I suspect it was the only one published and nothing after. I don't know why.

extreme P
2nd Jan 2010, 17:36
Hi Tee Emm, I had a copy of the guide and it was a good read. I have never seen anything similar from Boeing. My guess would be that since so many pilots were going from props to jets that perhaps a little more "basics of flying jets" was required?

CaptainSandL
5th Jan 2010, 16:55
Hi Tee Emm,

My copy is dated Aug 76 and it says on the cover page that "This is a complete reissue...". I don't think it was produced for very long and has certainly not been available for the last 15 years or so. Copies do occaisionally come up on eBay or Amazon.

Its manual code was FCT 737(IP)-1 so I wonder if it was superceded by the FCTM? Anybody have the date of the first FCTM?

S&L

Crossunder
13th Jan 2010, 17:09
A bit on the side, but does anyone have an old B737 Classic FCTM or Boeing 737 Instructors Guide for sale? Or a copy? PM me!