PDA

View Full Version : Freelance Flying Instruction

Okavango
29th Dec 2009, 11:29
Hi. If I was to hold a CPL and FI(R) along with a group share in aircraft maintained for use by a local school, what would preclude me from advertising my services for introductory lessons independent form the school? Would it simply be a case of the relationship with the school (ie not taking their potential business away) or is there any other legal reason (I'm assuming an AOC wouldn't be needed).

Duchess_Driver
29th Dec 2009, 11:50
You'd need to be registered as a Registered Facility.

Search on-here will tell you more about this.

Check your insurance.

As a newly minted FI(R) you'd also need to be supervised by an FI(A) until you had the restriction lifted.

HTH

Duchess

rocco16
29th Dec 2009, 12:06
The fact it is a group owned aircraft would stop you. Apparently the fact it is grouped owned will mean it will fall from the sky!
PS You will not even be able to do initila licence/ratings for the group owners - revalidation training would be allowed.

DFC
29th Dec 2009, 13:01
PS You will not even be able to do initila licence/ratings for the group owners

They will provided that the flight training is not charged for.

------

There is nothing wrong with you approaching the owners of the aircraft and making an arrangement with them to lease the aircraft for x hours per day/week/month/year or you could sub-lease from the school if the owners don't object.

The school will want priority on the aircraft as will the owners so you will be third in line for the use of the aircraft.

Having done that, pay for an FI to supervise you / run the RTF and pay for the insurance policy that covers what you are doing plus rates plus have suitable accomodation etc etc etc etc etc and you will probably earn less than what you would earn working for free at the school!!! i.e. it will cost you money to provide the service.

Find a reputable school and learn your trade first. Then see of you can put together a plan to open your own school.

ab33t
29th Dec 2009, 14:14
You could do any training in the group aircraft no charge as soon as you charge the aircraft will have to be certified differently , Insurance and a new FI . Lots of things to consider

Whopity
29th Dec 2009, 15:50
The fact it is a group owned aircraft would stop you.No it will Not. So long as it has a valid C of A and is maintained to public transport standards then it can be used for training regardless of who owns it. Probably 50% of UK club aircraft are Group Owned. Obviously the insurance needs to cover training and you are part of a RF as stated.

Don't get confused with Group Owned aircraft that are maintained to Private Standards!