PDA

View Full Version : Guys Plz (SIC requirements Part 91 & 135)

AL-MEHDAR
27th Dec 2009, 05:24
Hello Captains
My name is OMAR. I am SAUDI nationality. I graduated from Philippines AUG 2009. I have CPL/IR (294 total flying hours) (244 single engine + 50 mulit engine) C-152, C-172 & PA 34-200.

Now, I am doing my SAUDI license conversion (GACA).

I would ask about SIC (first officer) minimum requirements for part 91 & 135.

What is the difference between those parts? Coz I got a problem now I can't find any work :ugh:. So, I am trying to fly as SIC in a privet or commercial jets ( like HAWKER 850XP or FALCON 900 or Gulfstream G4 .....etc). Please what is the best way and the fastest way to start fly under correct condition FAR/AIM with less spending money?
I am ask you guys based on your experience.
Finally, I am so sorry if my language isn't good enough.
regards

CaptainProp
27th Dec 2009, 08:44
I'll be nice....

Part 91 - Private operations.
Part 135 - Commuter and on-demand operations.

Minimum requirements for SIC in either of the above operations is not your problem when looking for a job, your low experience is. If you have local contacts in Saudi then I suggest you use them.

Good luck.

CP

ab33t
27th Dec 2009, 09:23
As SIC that would not be an issue , most part 135 have a min requirement as per ops , part 91 is normally who you know . Good luck , the other problem you may run inti there are many high hour guys out of a job at the moment

AL-MEHDAR
26th Jan 2010, 09:16
So, what now?

Should I need Type rating, MCC and CRM

please details guys plz plz

regards

INNflight
26th Jan 2010, 09:25
...biggest hurdle you have is you need someone who is willing to let you fly.

AL-MEHDAR
26th Jan 2010, 10:51
ok but what should I have that time

for example

type rating
mcc
crm

just that or no need or something else

vanHorck
26th Jan 2010, 12:30
Omar,

A friend of mine did what you did and failed to get a job initially because he was older than most.

He kept applying, kept flying (towing banners) and got a job as a steward with Transavia.

He now works with EZY and is close to becoming a captain.

The answer is stay current (and show you are eager to fly), keep applying, and you ll get there.

Perhaps you school can help you too.

AL-MEHDAR
26th Jan 2010, 12:49
vanhorck (http://www.pprune.org/members/214785-vanhorck)

Ckeck yr mail plz