PDA

View Full Version : why do easyjet cancel so many flights?

BALLSOUT
22nd Dec 2009, 19:35
I saw on the early morning news today before I went to work that easyjet had cancelled almost all of their flights for today. Ryanair seem to be managing OK under the circumstances so why can't easy?
This seems to be what easy do as soon as there is the possability of a bad day. I flew a fairly long hard day around Europe today and saw very little of easyjet anywhere! Lots of Ryanair.

BigStinkyFlower
22nd Dec 2009, 20:56
Cos EZY is the wussy airline, haven't you heard?!

Ryanair is a proper outfit, gets the job done.

Evanelpus
23rd Dec 2009, 10:38
My guess would be that aircraft are 'out of position' as a result of the knock on effects of the last few days weather.

ab33t
23rd Dec 2009, 11:25
All (MANY) of the aircraft out of position due to airport closures, weather

lowcostdolly
23rd Dec 2009, 12:07
Well added to the above you can perhaps add the following problems to the weather;

LGW (the biggest base) running out of Captains due to recent demotions as apparently they were surplus to requirements :ugh:. Unless they can find another one and get him to LGW the affected flight goes nowhere. Due to the current weather positioning crew from another base would be very problematic.
Monarch's fleet/crew may also be out of position due to weather. Any chartered to operate EZY flights would affect the operation. Having said that I don't know if any were.
EZY don't have enough cabin crew to operate the flights because many are so p :mad:d with the way they are treated by management there are mass resignations. That could be affecting flights now as well but management can blame the weather at present.I would say the weather is playing a part here at the moment but Cor, Tina (hope you are spending your £200K wisely Tina!) and ultimately Andy need to wake up to the way EZY are treating the crew.

If they don't I fear pax can expect many more cancelled flights in future.......

Further info over on the "Terms and Endearment" threads.

jumpseater
23rd Dec 2009, 12:27
Ryanair is a proper outfit, gets the job done.

Prestwick:ouch:, discuss ...

Walnut
23rd Dec 2009, 13:03
Could the reason be that when the going gets tough they prefer not to risk a rotation that will not get back? They have no back up down route and thus a/c would get stuck if the crew went FTL. I am aware of a crew that diverted on route into Cyp, came back into Pfo then returned to base, they must have gone way over hours. I am also aware of several flights where the dept & arr aerodrome have been wide open, they failed to fly, & yet BA arrived normally. I suspect they probably also suffer from a lack of de-icing capability at various stations (bases). I personally witnessed an Easy flt into Tallin which failed to de ice before dept. Other a/c did & it was snowing heavily. I believe Easy to be a fine company but significantly overstretched

Mr Angry from Purley
23rd Dec 2009, 17:19
walnut
sounds as though you got a grevance against easy?.
"way over hours" aircraft commanders have 3 hours discretion - they can use non of it or all of it depends on the circumstances. yes they would have not wanted an aircraft stuck down route
deicing - crew would have not left without deicing (if they needed it) sure some pilot type might tell you the whys and wherefores.
Judging by the amount of ezy diverted aircraft at my local airport they are suffering big time,but check the ryanair web site for their cancelled flights.
Add in dollys comments, road conditions, crews snowed in at home etcetc.

Tigger4Me
23rd Dec 2009, 18:20
A similar thing happened on 24th (I think) January at LGW and it cannot be said that planes were out of position. We arrived into LGW from CUN at about 09:00 to transfer to EZY for an onward flight to LIS later in the day. At that time everything was running smoothly and then it started to snow. Everyone kept flying except Easy who immediately cancelled their flights. Others followed suit in the afternoon but Easy were well ahead of the rest in cancelling.