PDA

View Full Version : Signing NPPL 24 month licence revalidation certs?

noblues
14th Dec 2009, 20:30
As a non examiner FI can I sign an NPPL holders licence Revaldiation Certificate at/before their 24 month point?

I know I cant do this for PPL(A) but someone told me I can for NPPL?

Looked everywhere for the answer ... :ugh:

ifitaintboeing
14th Dec 2009, 21:39
No. Flight and Revalidation examiners only can sign Certificates of Revalidation.

AIC 30/2008 does not directly answer the question though.

http://www.nationalprivatepilotslicence.co.uk/New/AIC%20302008%20White%20146.pdf

noblues
14th Dec 2009, 22:20
Thanks ifitaintboeing ... as clear as mud as usual from the powers at be!

Sec 5.3.2 does make reference to Examiner's .... so guess thats it.

In effect its the same for NPP's now as PPL holders except a PPL holder will have paperwork sent off to the CAA by the examiner as well as a signature in the licence class rating page?

On an aside ..
Am I right in thinking that a holder of a PPL(A) can fly say a microlight under the 'differences' rules, but a NPPL(A) holder would need a new rating?

S-Works
15th Dec 2009, 08:59
Am I right in thinking that a holder of a PPL(A) can fly say a microlight under the 'differences' rules, but a NPPL(A) holder would need a new rating?

Yes thats quite correct.

Whopity
15th Dec 2009, 14:38
I know I cant do this for PPL(A) but someone told me I can for NPPL?NO YOU CAN NOT DO IT FOR A PPL! As stated only an EXAMINER can sign a certificate or logbook for revalidation.
Unless you hold a piece of paper called an Authorisation which tells you what you can sign, then you can't sign anything!
As an FI you can endorse a Training Flight with a signature in the log book to indicate to an Examiner that it qualified as DUAL training.

noblues
15th Dec 2009, 21:05
Thanks for all the replies ... very helpful,

So I presume an examiner is also required to do the flight for a new rating for an NPPL(A) to get a microlight rating?

Must the examiner have a microlight differences/ and or rating?

Can I as an FI with 'differences' on microlights do training for an NPPL(A) towards a microlight rating?

S-Works
15th Dec 2009, 21:15
So I presume an examiner is also required to do the flight for a new rating for an NPPL(A) to get a microlight rating?

Yes. If I can help PM me.

Must the examiner have a microlight differences/ and or rating?

Yes.

Can I as an FI with 'differences' on microlights do training for an NPPL(A) towards a microlight rating?

Yes. If doing it freelance I believe you need to be unrestricted but stand to be corrected on that.

noblues
15th Dec 2009, 22:02
Thanks bose-x,

I might PM you in the future if any new NPPL(A) members join our CTsw group who require a microlight rating.

Just throwing some things in the air re. checkouts and revalidations for our group ... we have a mix of PPL and NPPL holders.

Whopity
16th Dec 2009, 16:13
Yes. If doing it freelance I believe you need to be unrestricted but stand to be corrected on that.
No need to be unrestricted, but you do need to be supervised, and a Microlight FI can't supervise a FI(R)(A).