PDA

View Full Version : Learn to Fly - Isle of Man

Chackal
11th Dec 2009, 10:55
Hi Everyone!

After so many years dreaming about flying I have decided to get the Private Pilot License. I live in the Isle of Man but I'm from Spain, so have no idea of where to do it. Does anybody know what's the best place to get the private pilot license in the Isle of Man?

I have read some bad reviews about Ravenair and I believe they are the owners of the Manx Flyers Aero Club, so I'm not sure of what to do. There's another school, Ashley Gardner School Of Flying, but I can't find their email or website.

Another question: my english is pretty bad, I'm a bit worried that with the stress and noise in the airplane I won't be able to communicate properly with ATC or the instructor. What do you guys think? Maybe it's a stupid question, but I don't want to be the moron of the UK's airspace lol

Any information about all this will be very appreciated

Sir George Cayley
11th Dec 2009, 13:09
Congratulations! Y buenos tardes. Your English is better than some native speakers, so don't worry.

Check The UK Civil Aviation Authority (http://www.caa.co.uk) and look for CAP413. You will find all the r/t phrases you require there.

I don't know Manx Flyers but I do know Ravenair - they're a professional outfit that has been in business for many years.

And once you've learnt to fly the Isle of Man let us know how:ok:

Me gusta los chickadees Espanol:)

Sir George Cayley