PDA

View Full Version : CRM Instructing

Pro1966
8th Dec 2009, 15:08
Please can someone point me in the right direction for relevant course/s in CRM instructing. Also, do I need a ground instructors course to start with?
This is my first enquiry into the subject which I have a keen interest in, so any pointers would be much appreciated.

minigundiplomat
8th Dec 2009, 15:36
I believe you can download the relevant CAP from the CAA which outlines the requirements.

Not sure about ground instructors course, but was looking at something similar for DG recently, and it seemed to suggest some formal instructional experience/qualification, but was a little vague.

Hope that helps.

MGD

revik
9th Dec 2009, 10:12
On the subject of which, is there much demand for freelance CRM instructors at present?

wap101
9th Dec 2009, 15:55
Look in advertisements under Tuition in the back of Flight Magazine or google Aviation CRM courses.

There are several UK courses shown in "Flight" being offered by different training companies.

Make sure you receive the 5 day course as this should includes full "Instructional Techniques Course" as required under CAP 737 for CRMI(Ground) preparation.

Pro1966
10th Dec 2009, 09:09
Thankyou to all for your input.

Previously I had come across some poor CRM/Human Factors within the industry in Africa but generally not in training. But now have witnessed first hand very poor practices in line training, to the point that safety of flights were been put to the test!

The thought process here seems to be that the more hours make you a safe pilot, that's all very well and good but if you have the wrong attitude along with poor training of the trainers the hours are wasted.

Miles Magister
10th Dec 2009, 11:52
Pro 1966

I hav eposted this before but I did mine at Global Air Training who give you copyright to all your course material and have been very happy with it. They even to instructor refresher courses which I think are a good idea.

There are also many other companies out there.

MM

koi
11th Dec 2009, 15:59
Try Global Aviation at Manchester. Ms Di Worby is an excellent Instr /Examiner. Rates aregood.
Regards Koi

non0
16th Nov 2010, 16:17
Anybody knows ITS for CRMI courses ...

wap101
17th Nov 2010, 17:55
Have found out from a colleague yesterday that Omega Training Solutions Ltd have a CRM Instructor sale for their Dec 2010 CRMI course for the last places on the course.

Price reduced by £300 for the 5 day course.

See www.aviationtrainingservice.com (http://www.aviationtrainingservice.com) for contact and information.

WAP