PDA

View Full Version : Wanting someone to show me the air.

Tom Power
6th Dec 2009, 08:11
Hows it going??? I have my ppl with about 70 hours where I done in Ireland. Im after moving to Vancouver and wanting to start hour building towards my CPL... The RT I understand is a lot differant to Europe. So im wondering if there is anyone hour building out of boundry bay that wouldnt mind me being a passanger to get used to the area and RT. I just feel its wasted money paying an instructor showing me around up there... Hope to get a reply... Cheers...

clunckdriver
6th Dec 2009, 21:01
Tom, welcome to Canada, if you wish to fit in on the radio around Hongcouver I would sugest you study Manderin, Punjabi and Hindi!Seriously, you wont have any problems, we trained many Irish folks when my wife and I were foolish enough to own some flight schools , why the West coast? its a great place to live but you might be better of training further East, cheaper living but it does get bloody cold!PM me if you want more info.

troff
7th Dec 2009, 03:17
The 'Peg is cheap but bitchin' cold. Flat as a pancake and somewhat boring. The license will come quickly as it's inspiration to get out.

Zurrk
8th Dec 2009, 00:08
Boundary Bay is a zoo and expensive to operate out of. Langley or Pitt Meadows are about the same distance from downtown Vancouver but far easier to get in and out of the circuit. The radio is no problem but take a good look at the Vancouver VTA chart to get a feel for the area. It is a fabulous area to fly in.

Tom Power
8th Dec 2009, 08:28
Thanks for that Zurrk... Ill check it out... Not looking to get my licence done in a flash because theirs no work out there flying... I have a good job here so ill do it in my spare time... I picked the west coast for its mountains, (I ride bikes) So is anyone offering to show me up there??? Thanks for the replies lads.

MidgetBoy
12th Dec 2009, 14:12
Be damn careful of the restrictions during the olympics...

fernytickles
13th Dec 2009, 00:25
So is anyone offering to show me up there??? Thanks for the replies lads.

So how much are you willing to pay towards the operating costs?

Tom Power
16th Dec 2009, 00:12
Hi fernytickles,

Id be willing to pay 30 towards fuel costs per hour.

fernytickles
16th Dec 2009, 01:25
30 what? Dollars? Euros? Gallons? Bananas?

If you are going to be hour building anyway, why not just pay like everyone else does? If you go up with someone in their private plane, you probably cannot legally log the time, unless they are instructing, in which case the aeroplane ought to be insured for instruction, in which case, 30 bananas is barely going to cover a 10 min flight.... :rolleyes:

Tom Power
16th Dec 2009, 06:20
Ha... $30 dollars what else... Im not going to log the hours all I want is to get used to the RT, Iv flown in Spain, France and Ireland and know it takes frustrating and valuable time to get used to the radio, and all im looking for is a nice person who is building hours and maybe wouldnt mind a bit of company for a flight, I have my own headset and am willing to pay towards fuel... Im not trying to screw any one around and not looking for a bitching sesion... Cheers for reading...