PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a PA-31 checklist?

Rojer Wilco
3rd Dec 2009, 05:51
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a PA-31 checklist in PDF (or that can be scanned and PDFd)?

I have a checkride in type next week, haven't flown one in a number of months and would like to brush up.

startingout
3rd Dec 2009, 05:54
I may have what you are after, PM me with an email address.
SO :ok:

Rojer Wilco
3rd Dec 2009, 06:29
Thanks. Check your PM!

krankin
3rd Dec 2009, 08:57
Those things are a joke! 138 items for a piston twin!! They make no sense and are ridiculous! I think there are fewer items on a 737 checklist! :ugh:

Mainframe
3rd Dec 2009, 09:56
Roger.

check your pm's

Centaurus
3rd Dec 2009, 10:10
I have a checkride in type next week, haven't flown one in a number of months and would like to brush up.
............................................................ ............................

Sorry. For some reason I (Cent) cannot get any of the the headers items to work on my computer. Wrap quotes etc. Any ideas please.? Cent.

Anyway - back to the subject and the quote above. Rather than have a huge checklist it would be better to read the Navajo Pilots Information Manual from end to end. If you are that uncurrent a checklist isn't much good to you. You need to be right up on the systems and emergencies.

The Green Goblin
3rd Dec 2009, 10:42
I have it all including the emergency section!

Rojer Wilco
3rd Dec 2009, 20:46
Quote:Centaurus

Anyway - back to the subject and the quote above. Rather than have a huge checklist it would be better to read the Navajo Pilots Information Manual from end to end. If you are that uncurrent a checklist isn't much good to you. You need to be right up on the systems and emergencies.

Thanks for the airmanship advice. "Uncurrent"? I'd suggest you read the dictionary from end to end. If you're that illiterate a computer keyboard probably isn't much good to you.

Thanks for the PA-31 POH that I now have in PDF form. Once again the forum has come through for me!

porch monkey
4th Dec 2009, 05:09
refreshing to see some things don't change. Some just don't see how small this industry is......

silverfox256
29th Dec 2009, 19:38
I would be grateful if anybody could help me out. I've applied for a job on a chieftain and I would like to get up to speed on the aircraft incase I manage to get an interview in the new year.

If anybody has an electronic copy of either/or both I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

tio540
30th Dec 2009, 11:17
Hi silverfox256, be aware that a Pa31 checklist is aircraft specific, meaning that it must apply to that particular aircraft, and serial no. If operated by an AOC holder it must be approved by the authority also.

If possible obtain a copy of the operator's checklist, they should appreciate you are keen by requesting a copy. It must contain a copy of the emergency phases, in red background, to distinguish it from the normal procedures.

Also, a two page checklist is insufficient. It should mirror the manufacturers checklist, or be approved to differ, despite what you may be told here.

Good luck.

Journey Man
30th Dec 2009, 11:30
Obviously with the usual caveats about copyright material, if you're looking for anything on the -350, let me know. Have several checklists and a PDF manual.

30th Dec 2009, 11:52
If operated by an AOC holder it must be approved by the authority also.

Not quite correct
Have a read of CASA EX38/2004

silverfox256
30th Dec 2009, 20:31
First of all thanks guys for your replies.

I understand that each company will operate as per their SOPs. At this stage I have only made an application for a job. At the moment I just want some generic information, so I can answer any type specific questions I might be asked.

The type in question is a Chieftain PA-31-350 (1979).

Journey man if you would be kind enough to send me any useful material I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks

Checkboard
30th Dec 2009, 23:09
People use checklists for a Navajo? It's a pretty simple aircraft, I never bothered with anything more than TTEMPFISCH. :confused:

frigatebird
30th Dec 2009, 23:15
HHTEFFUMPISCC and a GASH

tio540
31st Dec 2009, 10:58
I never bothered with anything more than TTEMPFISCH.

Hope you use a checklist now then.

hurlingham
31st Dec 2009, 22:03
Even with nearly 8000 hours in the same PA31, I always use a checklist.

Mainframe
31st Dec 2009, 22:23
Silverfox, check your PM's

kimwestt
1st Jan 2010, 00:46
G'day - if your interview is, say, in PMQ, you will need to use the company sops checklist, 138 items or not!
All checkrides will be the same, you have to use the Company SOPS. And yeah - the suggestion that you need to be up to speed on systems is spot on - they won't worry too much about checklist compliance in an initial checkride provided that you are up to speed on your systems and emergency procedures. Like the man says "Commonsense my boy, commensense."
Cheers. :ok::D

silverfox256
1st Jan 2010, 21:24
Hi Mainframe,

Sent you a PM.

Cheers

Silverfox

silverfox256
4th Jan 2010, 16:54
Thanks for everyones help and advice.

Piperchick
14th Mar 2011, 20:09
Does somebody happen to have the Piper Chieftain POH for me? I lent some douchebag mine and never got it back...

It's a 1978 PA-31-350

Thanks in advance

marha
11th May 2011, 21:03
Well I am also in desperate need of a Chieftain/Navajo POH. I will be forever grateful to the kind soul could help me out.

Many thanks!

Martin

mates rates
12th May 2011, 02:55
Is there a website where we can get aircraft checklists?

biglennart
2nd Nov 2011, 10:43
Hi guys, could somebody please drop me an email with a pdf version of the checklist for the PA31-350 and if available the POH?

Thanks in advance

machadotaughtme
3rd Nov 2011, 01:34
Consider the crazy idea of actually buying one? Its worth it!