PDA

View Full Version : Tecnam P2006

EDMJ
26th Nov 2009, 20:21
Has anyone flown this new light twin yet and what can you tell me about it?

ab33t
27th Nov 2009, 12:38
Not many of them out there , the best bet would be to organise a test flight

Mickey Kaye
27th Nov 2009, 18:50
Would be nice if rotax had a 912 FADEC engines.

sternone
27th Nov 2009, 19:46
Call it a very light twin. I sat in one.

600k$ with a G950 ? They're kidding right ?

AdamFrisch
27th Nov 2009, 20:18
Isn't it more like $400K? That's pretty competitive.

michelda
4th Mar 2011, 16:17
I'm flying it.
No too bad but single engine:ugh: and there is no heater.....too cold for my feet

Michelda

Mickey Kaye
4th Mar 2011, 17:54
No heater you must be joking. As an option?

michelda
4th Mar 2011, 18:42
There is but it is like there isn't....
To long tubes from engine exaust to cockpit

Michelda

AdamFrisch
4th Mar 2011, 19:51
They should stick one of those Janitrol heaters on it like they have on older planes. My Aero Commander has it and it's crazy effective. Burns an extra gallon an hour, though.

I'm rooting for the P2006T. It seems like a cheap and effective little twin. I hope they come out with a diesel version at some point.

LH2
4th Mar 2011, 20:43
I've only got about two hours on it but seemed Ok--pretty much what I expected. Kind of like a microlight on steroids, or a DA40 with two props.

While I bow to Michelda's almost certainly larger experience than mine, I found single engine performance very acceptable for what it is--certainly better than the old Duchesses I did my IR on, although I have been told that it's a different story in the summer.

smarthawke
4th Mar 2011, 21:19
We have well over 200 hrs since June 2010 on the UK demonstrator P2006T, G-ZOOG, which is also available for training/hire through Airways Flying Club at Wycombe.

Both engines supply heat to the cabin though exhaust muffler heat exchangers (standard light aircraft system). It can be enhanced now for those in colder climes with electric heaters/fans.

At max weight ZOOG normally exceeds the 230FPM book figure for single engine climb - on either engine. No problem in a UK summer either.

In the cruise, a genuine 135kts IAS burns 38LPH total. So far it's been as good as gold, relaibel and easy to service.

Aeros at Gloucester took delivery of their first P2006T this week to be used for commercial training etc.

stiknruda
4th Mar 2011, 21:22
Adam - they are effective but there is an FAA mandated check of the htg cylinder every 100 hrs. If this is done - then they are very safe The inspection regime is not straightforward

Unfortunately most a/c I see, servicing of the heater seems to have be overlooked and then it's a bit like flying with your own bomb on board! Let's bleed off some avgas into the cabin and ignite it!

Whoosh!

Stik