PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet to employ airbus crews?

THR IDLE
26th Feb 2002, 22:56
Heard that Stelli is intending to take on some bus-drivers in an effort to play Boeing off against Airbus. Any truth in this? How many and when. Things are getting lonely out here in the wilderness and there are a few of us that could do with a bit of good news.

Bigpants
26th Feb 2002, 23:10
Well it was in todays Times but just a note of caution. Given MOL crafty antics in getting a very good price on his new 737s I would not put it past Stelli to float an Airbus story to see if he can pull something similar out of Boeing.

However any expansion is good news if you are currently "resting" so good luck. .BP

Hand Solo
27th Feb 2002, 04:59
What exactly would these Airbus drivers be doing in the X months between joining Easy and them actually getting delivery of an aircraft?

kriskross
27th Feb 2002, 15:41
We have a fair selection of bus drivers already, and are always on the lookout for good guys, but I don't think any decision has been made yet, although a lot of work is going on for both types.

Roc
27th Feb 2002, 19:32
I remember there being a post some time ago concerning this question, but I will ask it anyway. How do the 737NG and A-320 Series compare economically? It seems like all the "sucessful" low-cost operators utilize the 737, is this just coincidence, or is there sound economies that justify this? Please spare me the facts about the added 1 inch width of the Airbus or pasenger appeal etc...Does anybody know the reasons?

Stampe
27th Feb 2002, 21:15
In a nutshell the 737 is the "Quick turnround queen" this is vital for the economics of low cost operators.I,m not quite sure why its better than the Airbus but a chief pilot of an outfit who had just purchased a couple of BBJs told me he discounted the Airbus on account of its greater height which he said made ground handling harder.So perhaps thats it.Wait for the incoming from the "Bus at any price" boys.

Few Cloudy
27th Feb 2002, 21:31
No trick - they are seriously looking at the 319 (version EZY). Bus drivers would be rated to fly the 737 in the meantime as have many other drivers. May the best bid win!