PDA

View Full Version : 'Contract Compliance'

bonaqua
17th Nov 2009, 12:36
After waiting for a number of major issues to be resolved we see nothing happening from CX management. I think its time the AOA grew some and requested its members to go forth with 'Contract Compliance' until management resolve at least 3 or 4 major items on the agenda. Enough is enough!

Sqwak7700
17th Nov 2009, 12:38
Funny, I started contract compliance when I was hired. Shouldn't you be doing the same??:ugh:

Night Watch
17th Nov 2009, 13:18
Agreed.... I've been on contract compliance for as long as I can remember

iflyplanes
17th Nov 2009, 22:46
same here....

jed_thrust
17th Nov 2009, 23:08
I don't disagree with continious contract compliance (after all, they deserve it), but what do we then do if it comes in officially?

The Management
18th Nov 2009, 01:30
Why?
You are the few. Most help out where they can. Many go the extra mile out of fear but we have been there.

Do you actually think Contract Compliance will work? Not likely, it has not worked in the past nor will it work in the future.

When Crew Control get desperate and will offer 20-30 hours of overtime, do you actually think someone will turn it down? Get real. The amount of money we pay in overtime will negate any contract complicate. Pilots are out for one person and we at Management know that. Small amount of overtime is cheap compared to canceling a flight, but you will not know that.

This will only bring you to the top of Mr. Lam’s list as he reports his monthly list to the DFO.

The DFO will formulate a list for further terminations, not en-masse of course but to those that are not cooperative. It’s all about probabilities. There will be a D&G with the GMA and then the next will be with the DFO and he will terminate your contract. So easy.

We made that mistake in the past but it will not occur again.

To My Bonus
The Management

The Wraith
19th Nov 2009, 12:16
Contract compliance? That's all I do! They don't help me and so I don't help them. Their rules, not mine! Shame there is always someone who grabs all the G day callouts they can get, though.

Harbour Dweller
19th Nov 2009, 12:44
It's a one way street with CX these days. Helping out is only thanked with being screwed over at a later date.

So when it comes to helping them out these days I reply with one of two answers........ Sorry cannot or I'll do my best :ok:

arse
19th Nov 2009, 23:43
Individual contract compliance is fine, but will have no adverse affect on the company. An AOA introduced contract compliance sends a specific message. I think this is what Mr Overpriced Liquid was trying to say at the start of this thread, and I agree.
It should be a short negotiation. Dear Mr CX, you are not negotiating in good will, please make good on your promises by X date or we will be recommending contract compliance to our membership.
Thanks

bonaqua
20th Nov 2009, 09:22
Exactly what I meant!!
Thank you.

Air Profit
23rd Nov 2009, 13:20
I'm at a bit of a loss here. Isn't the whole point of doing your job to 'comply with your contract'...? :ok:

water check
24th Nov 2009, 01:27
Why would anyone not comply completely with their contract. I make sure I stick to the very letter....after all, i'm a company man. :ok: