PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft documents to be carried in flight

Babel Fish
13th Nov 2009, 23:37
I want to list (with appropriate references) all of the documents that must be carried on a private flight within the UK.

Article 86 ("Documents to be carried") of the UK ANO is pretty straight forward, but I can't find a reference in any document which supports a footnote in Schedule 10 which states:
An EASA aircraft is required by virtue of Part 21 to carry its certificate of airworthiness, restricted certificate of airworthiness or permit to fly, as the case may be, during all flights.
Firstly, I'd like to find a reference for the above. Secondly, assuming the above would be applicable to a private flight, Article 86(3) states:
If the flight is intended to begin and end at the same aerodrome and does not include passage over the territory of any country other than the United Kingdom, the documents may be kept at that aerodrome instead of being carried in the aircraft.
Would Article 86(3) take precedence over the EASA requirement to carry the CofA during all flights?

Spitoon
14th Nov 2009, 05:48
You'll find the regulations on the EASA website (http://www.easa.europa.eu/ws_prod/g/rg_regulations.php). And a European regulation trumps national legislation.