PDA

View Full Version : Studying and working in Canada

flying free.LEVC
10th Nov 2009, 19:54
Hello, I am a spanish guy and nowadays I am studying nursing in Norway. In January I am coming back to Spain and I will start the private pilot license, wich will take me some months.

After finishing my nursing studies in half year, I would like to follow my studies for becoming a pilot, doing CPL, ME, IR.

Currently it is nearly impossible finding a job as a pilot in Spain with 200 flying hours, so I am planning a different way for getting my goal.

I have thought about travelling to Canada and doing time building after ppl, maybe next summer or next year, and after finding a good school, studying CPL, ME, IR...or what I choose there.

I would like to try to get a job as a pilot there, some people have told me that it is easier than in Spain, where it is almost impossible as I told.

Do you think it is a good idea? I supose I could work for one year with the permission as a student, or maybe getting a visa after as a nurse...

What flight school would you advise me for doing time building, follow studies and get any job, if it is possible?

Thanks a lot.
Warm regards from Norway.

flying free.LEVC
10th Nov 2009, 19:58
I have listened good comments of Harv`s Air Pilot training, is it right?

imfsub12
17th Nov 2009, 16:07
Havrs air is a good school. they are really buzy with the indian students.. but they have 2 locations..

one in north of winnpeg in St. andrews and there main base in Steinbach..

I did my training at Winnipeg Aviation.. another good school..

You have great weather around winnipeg to get your training done, as they have the best weather all around canada..

hope this helps

virga 208
6th Dec 2009, 21:38
Hello everybody..try St hubert flying school can't find cheaper in Montreal area..good luck

flying free.LEVC
9th Dec 2009, 09:19
Thanks for your answers.

And what about finding a job afterwards? Where would it be easier for me?

I mean working as a bush pilot, cessna or any other kind of small planes

Thanks again

777AV8R
10th Dec 2009, 04:55
1. You need to have a 'right' to work and live here
2. Stand in line behind our own people who have gone through our technical colleges/aviation universities
3. Stand in line behind some of us who have a few thousand hours and are looking for work.

flying free.LEVC
10th Dec 2009, 15:56
Thanks a lot for your answer 777av8R.

. You need to have a 'right' to work and live here
2. Stand in line behind our own people who have gone through our technical colleges/aviation universities

My idea is going to Canada and studying there some licences, ME, IR, CPL... since some people have told me that in this case I would receive a permission for a year as a student.

This time could be great to try to find a job as a pilot, I have listened than after getting it, the company could arrenge me the papers and getting the right to work and live in your country.

3. Stand in line behind some of us who have a few thousand hours and are looking for work.

Of course:ok:, but I am ready to travel and fly anywhere and anytime, I will go where a pilot is needed. In Spain, I will be behind more that 4 000 pilots who are looking for a job or even worse, paying for getting jobs. Thatīs the reason why I prefer going abroad, stead of staying at hombe, getting angry and without any job as a pilot.

Do you think my goal is reasonable??

777AV8R
10th Dec 2009, 16:04
You need to re-read some of the other posts here regarding living and working in Canada. The fact that you are a student does NOT give you the right to work here.

I've been on this 'rant long enough. Canadian jobs for Canadian pilots. There are hundred with several thousand hours that are looking for work. Then, there are the young people in our colleges who are Canadians, that are trying to find work.

None of us have the 'right' to work in the E.U. We need to have passports and a JAA license to work over there.

Best you stay in Malaga in the sunshine and find a job there.

flying free.LEVC
11th Dec 2009, 00:17
Thanks for your answer again.

I would be a "200 hr wonders" so, what about starting working the ramps or working on the dock ??

I have listened than canadians companies first hire pilots for a ground job so they can show their work. Maybe this could be my opportunity go get the temporary permission to work.

Actually, I am finishing my universitary studies in June so in few months I will be nurse, this could help me for getting job permission as well maybe;)

Good night ;)

rigpiggy
11th Dec 2009, 00:22
Finish your nurse degree, get some experience, apply to Keewatin as a flight nurse. get paid more than the captain, and snag some empty legs. They may give you an upgrade/downgrade in pay to work as an F/O ie; 25k/annum. versus 85 for a nurse, avoid the nasty one like the plague, and say hi to Rob.