PDA

View Full Version : OOOI Times

FlyingOrange
8th Nov 2009, 11:03
Was trying to find a reference, to no avail, about when the OFF time clicks in.

I know the Prk Brake has to be off, but is there a G/S before it starts to register, FCOM ref etc.

Many thanks

FO

QA1
8th Nov 2009, 11:22
Air/Ground sensing.

zlin77
8th Nov 2009, 12:15
Boeing, park brake release...

FlyingOrange
8th Nov 2009, 12:20
Okay.. Imeant the OUT. Does it need G/S as well?

OFF and ON are on sensor.

The IN comes on 10 sec after any door opens, cargo or main. But records the Prk Brake on time

Day_Dreamer
8th Nov 2009, 12:33
OOOI
The OFF section of the message is triggered when the parking brake is released, providing the main entrance door is closed.
So if your not going to be off on sched but you are all buttoned up, the act of releasing the parking brake for a couple of seconds will activate the OUT section of the message. Improving your on time rate.
G/S i.e. motion is not required.

FlyingOrange
8th Nov 2009, 12:43
Okay..

This morning park brake release.... at time ZZZZ slow push back... time on OOOI not indicated for 1 min after... not just a few seconds but about 30.

BOAC
8th Nov 2009, 12:57
Acars clock maybe?

Other 'trick' if you are after block hours (tut tut - as if:)) is to release and reapply the p/brake just before main door opens if you have been waiting for a while for those pesky ground staff (good trick for BA during the 30 min wait for jetty). 'IN' is, as FO says, (I think) transmitted when main door opens using last brakes on time. Regarding 'OUT' - I'm not sure it reads main door time - I think it uses last p/brake off and again is sent on main door signal?

goeasy
8th Nov 2009, 13:42
To answer original question...... Bus needs 2Kt GS to register 'out'. So new tug driver under training can dely your 'off blox' by pushing too slow!

Great trick about reapplying park brake just before door open though. Will do that evry time we have to wait for staff.

Other gotcha is if Cabin crew reclose door for some reason like repos jet bridge then that resets ACARS OOI data for next sector. Not very helpful if you now have to file log info manually......... :ugh:

The Flying Cokeman
8th Nov 2009, 14:23
Yes parking brake is a great idea but why fiddle with the brake when you can just adjust the clock on the instrument panel which is directly linked to your oooi time :confused:

Max Angle
8th Nov 2009, 16:39
You will find that it is all customer configurable, the avionics/tech guys can program the messages to be sent in response to whole host of stuff. Most airlines use park brake for the OUT message but quite a few, including us, modified the parameters to include aircraft movement as well to render the habit of letting park brake off early worthless.

Intruder
8th Nov 2009, 17:57
744:

Out: First brake release after all doors closed
Off: Takeoff (ground sensing)
On: Landing (ground sensing)
In: Final parking brake set prior to first door opened.

Slasher
8th Nov 2009, 18:16
Good trick in the Billy Boeing convayance (if your going to
be delayed for p.back) is to release the brakes after doors
close PROVIDED THE CHOCKS ARE IN. The box records the
time. I had a good record for "on time" departures despite
a "28 min taxy" to a runway only 5 mins away!

The Scarebus records time on departure to the actual
minute when the nose-wheel starts rotating (rounded up
to the next minute when over 45 secs) after p.brake
release with doors shut. On arrival it records to the
EARLIER minute. Want more time in your log-book? Delay
setting the p.brake till the clock ticks over 59 secs!

The more ways FMC engineers throw new ideas into the
plumbing for reduced timings (and therefore reduce your
flight pay) the easier it is to clog up the drains!

FlyingOrange
9th Nov 2009, 07:13
Lots of different ideas and thoughts here.

So anybody got a reference with Airbus written on it?

Dan Winterland
9th Nov 2009, 09:44
On the 'bus, Out is operator defined. Our company used to have the 2 knts trigger, but this gave inaccurate Out times when you had a very slow pushback. So it was changed to Park Brake release, or if the park brake is off (perhaps because the brake fans are still on), when the last door is closed.

As for Off, it's always when the Air/Ground sensing determines you're airborne AFAIK.

One thing that always puzzles me is that Airlines are always hung up about departure time for On Time Performance when as a passenger, you are far more interested in arrival time - especially if you have a connecting flight!

Capn Bloggs
9th Nov 2009, 09:56
Hey Slasher,
Good trick in the Billy Boeing convayance (if your going to
be delayed for p.back) is to release the brakes after doors
close PROVIDED THE CHOCKS ARE IN.
In my Boeing, I just hold the aircraft on the FOOT brakes for 6 sec then reapply the Park Brake. Doesn't yours have foot brakes?:}:E

Slasher
11th Nov 2009, 05:02
Ive been Scarebus for a while Bloggs. But as I recall in my
case doin what you do canceled out the original "off" time in
the ones I flew (734) yonks ago. Because of that I wasnt
going to stand on the brakes for a tendon-destroying 20mins!

Hense the chocks.

Capn Bloggs
11th Nov 2009, 05:16
Fair enough Slasher. 20 minutes would be a tad long for the tendons. Would feel like a super long engine failure... :{