PDA

View Full Version : CHC Global- Anti Gay Policy?

pilonrock
3rd Nov 2009, 00:33
I just got word from a very dependable source that the management at CHC due to what they perceive to be growing problem , has adopted a new un written policy about not hiring anymore gay or lesbian pilots or engineers.Something to do with the close quarters work. It's all hush hush and very illegal, but it is what it is.

Personally I find this utterly disturbing in this modern age. No wonder they need a union for the pilots it seems that management has dropped the ball again.

Given the past concerns and the general incompetance of management it seems like anything is possible.

Live and let live!, not my style but I never would of thought that this kind of this would still be around in the 21st ecntury. Guess it is.

:=

tailstrikecharles
3rd Nov 2009, 00:40
This is the second time I heard this.

I also heard that Northwest may be doing the same thing, but for the life of me, I cant think of anything happening that would cause them to erect such a barrier in the cockpit.

pilonrock
3rd Nov 2009, 00:47
People are afraid of what they don't understand. They same old homophobic anti gay underbelly thats always been there.

It would be a pretty devastating shock to who it happened to. It 's a small global industry, word travels fast.

SHAME!!

pilonrock
3rd Nov 2009, 01:19
Meant to use the word disgusting instead of disturbing!

pilonrock
3rd Nov 2009, 01:45
Could be! But given the current poor management at CHC global that has even forced a union. I doubt it! I have personally heard the locker room talk by the' real men' on more than one occasion. The homophobes are at work. Quietly of course because these type of slime will never say anything directly to a person. How manly!

grizzled
3rd Nov 2009, 02:11
If true, what strikes me most about this (and other similar prejudices) is the bizarre justifications that are brought forward. How can working or living "in close quarters" be more of a problem regarding gay or lesbian people than heterosexuals? Is there any less or more of a chance that two opposite sex heterosexul folks at CHC will decide to get up close and personal?
And, if true and proved, CHC Global -- being a Canadian company -- would be subject to prosecution, sanctions, and recompense to anyone affected.

pilonrock
3rd Nov 2009, 02:25
I imagine that CHC Global will do whatever they can to put a lid on it! As soon as a formal complaint to the Canadian Human Rights Commission if filed, there will be a mix up and a finger pointing game in middle management in an attempt to make as much distance away from such a vile subject and those responsible. Can't say I won't enjoy the management canabalism that will ensue! Poetic justice!

Live and let live! :ok:

SpareParts
3rd Nov 2009, 02:44
Well if that was the policy then i assume they will fire some of their management in corporate and global and Heli-One. There are plenty of gay people that currently work at CHC.

Im not Pro CHC or anything seeing i have had my problems in the past but don't be spreading rumours that are :mad: ok? Their recruiters are good people and not paid nearly well enough to be making ILLEGAL decisions like that.

Wherever you "heard" this info is obviously bitter at the company for something they feel they have been wronged for.

lomapaseo
3rd Nov 2009, 02:47
Looks like this unsubatantiated rumor is having the desired effect

pilonrock
3rd Nov 2009, 03:00
I don't think anyone for any reason would reduce themselves to such depth if there was no truth to it. It's sad and extremely discouraging and shows the worst that people can be. It's sad more than anything for the victim(s) and those that choose in silence to practice this type of crap..

I can't think of anymore I want to add other than:yuk:

jackharr
3rd Nov 2009, 06:24
Many years ago, a well-endowed young lady occupied the right hand seat. I did the control full-and-free check with enthusiasm – control column fully back and then I operated ailerons. I commented to “M” that I always felt so at home in an aircraft that the control column was a “sort of extension of my hands”. “M” just gave me a knowing smirk and no more was said.

I doubt if anyone would get away with that today in this PC era.

Jack

A37575
3rd Nov 2009, 06:51
I commented to “M” in the right hand seat that I always felt so at home in an aircraft that the control column was a “sort of extension of my hands

Of course she took it the wrong way as no gentleman would ever consider making that sort of inuendo, would he now?:ok:

Joker's Wild
3rd Nov 2009, 20:59
Hmm, sounds like a Flight Standards issue if you ask me...:E

grizzled
4th Nov 2009, 01:43
Mods . . .

I suggest this thread be moved to "Rotorheads". All of CHC Global's ops are rotary wing. More importantly, none of CHC Global's operations take place in Canada. (The company that operates within Canada is called CHL.)

Thanks,
grizz

sec 3
4th Nov 2009, 21:08
Agreed Girizzly