PDA

View Full Version : test pilot

aryakethan
30th Oct 2009, 15:56
hi i had completed my commercial license planes
wanted to become a test pilot for private or for any company
so any one can give me the details how to go about it n where n how to apply for it
information provided will be appreciated

ahramin
2nd Nov 2009, 00:45
3 options:

1. Join the military as a pilot, be at the top of the class, put in long and hard hours for several years, and if you are lucky and the right people like your personality, they will send you to test pilot school.

2. Get an engineering degree in something applicable to aviation, become an expert in that field, get a job with an aircraft manufacturer, and if you are really lucky and the right people like your personality, they will send you to test pilot school.

3. Save your pennies and when you get to about $500 000, ask the test pilot school if they have an opening.

Oh, by the way all three options require you to be able to read and write to a high standard.

lk978
3rd Nov 2009, 20:02
1) Learn to read and write
2) Practice your take off and landings in a C172 make sure you can do it blind folded
3) Learn English
4) Spend lots of time at the bar telling other pilots how good you are
5) Make sure you get 4 gold bars and wear them everywhere

Fly3
4th Nov 2009, 01:55
Nothing like starting at the top, hehehe.

sec 3
4th Nov 2009, 21:05
Apply at NASA. They'll hire you right away. They are always looking for guys like you with "the right stuff ".If you hurry, you can get in on the testing for the new lunar rocket!!:ok:

toolowtoofast
4th Nov 2009, 21:18
maybe you should actually get out there instead of posting the same question with a different 'i want' at the start of it - 'i want to be test pilot/fly q400/fly for asia/blah blah blah etc etc'

UB6IB9
6th Nov 2009, 03:25
Now on a serious note……..in regards to ahramin’s example #2….does anyone know of any companies that would hire a Canadian and send them to TPS ? The only Canadian companies I can think of are Bombardier and Diamond.
Thanks