PDA

View Full Version : Charter Companies in Canada

mothboy
21st Oct 2009, 13:54
Hi

I have recently qualified as a pilot in South Africa..(no I am not looking to claim asylum!:=)...and have 327 Hours TT and 115 hours between the C210 and C206.

I am looking at flying in Canada and was wondering if anyone could help with which the best companies would be to contact for my experience.

I hold South African and British Citizenship so work visa's are not a problem.

Many thanks in advance

mothboy :ok:

Baffin Boeing Boy
21st Oct 2009, 15:11
Pilot Career Centre - Latest Pilot Jobs, Pilot Resume / Pilot CV Design, Interview Preps and more... (http://www.pilotcareercentre.com)

should anwser any question you have.

Cheers
BBB

DHC6tropics
21st Oct 2009, 17:29
Just curious as to how you know a work visa is not going to be a problem. Without Canadian citizenship I would think a work visa would be a BIG problem

YHZChick
22nd Oct 2009, 16:28
A work visa will be required.

What I'd like to know is why all of these people a) want to fly here and b) seem to think there's an abundance of flying positions to accomodate them.

Jetgate
22nd Oct 2009, 23:50
Hey hey easy now, why shouldn't he not want to come to Canada and fly? It's part of the free world isn't it? Great country? 99% of the time really nice people ;-)

What you quite often see here is people posting on moving TO Canada and not many FROM... However, there's an awful lot of Canadians flying over here in the UK and no doubt all over the world. The reason why quite a few would take the opportunity to leave a fantastic country like Canada and seek aviation employment elsewhere is not that difficult to figure out is it....

YYZBeacher
26th Oct 2009, 18:18
It is a global village - there's at least two Canucks on the flightdeck of Midland's fleet in the UK.

Issue is getting into the country on a work permit for an occupation which cannot be filled by Canadian citizens or permanent residents - not sure that applies to CPLs in the GA sector. Therefore entry to the country on a work permit would need to be for another occupation, you then apply for Permanent Residency after the qualifying period, and when that is awarded, you can then do what you like - such as flying, and getting paid for it.

No-one is being negative - just realistic...that's all. Enjoy the Olympics! And good luck.

extreme P
26th Oct 2009, 19:18
What I'd like to know is why all of these people... b) seem to think there's an abundance of flying positions to accomodate them.

That is a most interesting question. From 300 hour types to B737 or A320 Captains looking for direct entry positions. Are emigration lawyers selling a good story to boost business?

YYZBeacher
26th Oct 2009, 19:26
Extreme P: Are you saying that immigration lawyers are out there specifically advertising potential work permits for qualified pilots, without a Canadian license and experience ?

If so, get their names (unlikely to be bona fide lawyers - more likely gray area immigration consultants), and report them...

extreme P
26th Oct 2009, 20:20
I am levelling no accusations at anybody. Simply wondering aloud as there is a never ending supply of unemployed pilots in Canada and always more willing to test the Canadian waters.

altiplano
27th Oct 2009, 21:50
Take a look at the line under Canada on PPRUNE's main forum directory...

The great white north. A BIG country with few people and LOTS of aviation.

This is a common misconception about the industry in Canada.

A saturated employment market in a struggling industry would be a more accurate tag

For sure buddy - it'd be great to gain experiences around the world and all the luck. But I do believe that you will find a lot to jump through and bit of a battle on your way to a work permit. Definitely keep building your experience as you try to get the paperwork as 300 hours and a plane ticket here will get you a trip to Canada and back...