PDA

View Full Version : "Submitted To Requisition"?

Shaman
21st Oct 2009, 11:18
I have applied for a job via a website and my application is noted as: "Submitted To Requisition".

I am not familiar with this term and I was wondering what it might mean; anyone any ideas?

YYZBeacher
26th Oct 2009, 18:21
Probably means your resume was submitted against the open job requisition, and is therefore under consideration.

Must admit, pretty wierd choice of words....good luck though!

Minorite invisible
27th Oct 2009, 03:31
Sounds like the guy is in Nigeria and will soon be asking you for a fat certified cheque in exchange for a job you'll never get. Beware!

Shaman
27th Oct 2009, 12:14
YYZBeacher,

I suspect that you are correct and I will just have to be patient!

er340790
27th Oct 2009, 17:39
I once had a confirmation in 2004 that an application was 'entered into our inventory'...

Presumably it was still there when the :mad: Co. went bust.

bubbasmith
9th Jan 2010, 05:09
I recently submitted an application for a job position on a website. When checking back on the website. My application status was "Submitted For Requisition". Does anyone know the mean?

I am not familiar with such term

Shaman
9th Jan 2010, 08:11
It means that someone will be looking at the application. If you don't get a reply from them it means that the application is not successful. I never got a reply.................

clunckdriver
9th Jan 2010, 14:43
Sounds like the sort of outfit that will call employees "units", a totally stupid reply lacking any common courtesy, a sign of the times I think!