PDA

View Full Version : KrisFlyer - Singapore Airlines

FN-GM
20th Oct 2009, 19:14
Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place :)

I am thinking of becoming a member of KrisFlyer. I will be traveling allot between the United Kingdom and Australia next year so i thought this would benefit me. I have a flight booked for December, if i become a member now can i use the miles for the flight i have already booked on my new account? I cant find what i am looking for on the website.

Thanks allot

Load Toad
20th Oct 2009, 22:57
You haven't made the flight yet have you. By that logic couldn't any fool book flights, use the mileage and then cancel the flights?

parabellum
20th Oct 2009, 23:05
The airmiles are only credited to your account AFTER you have completed the flight, regardless of when you buy your ticket.

Rusland 17
21st Oct 2009, 05:46
As parabellum says, as long as you are a member at the time you fly it is irrelevant when you became a member. You simply show your membership card at check-in and the miles will be credited to your account. With some airlines you can associate an existing booking with a new membership online.

Businesstraveller
21st Oct 2009, 11:56
Programmes are supposed to recognise people who have joined a second time (generally after a number of years gap) and so transfer the miles to the new/active account.
From experience, miles are generally awarded within 2 working days of taking each leg of a journey. Plus, I know from experience that if you pay for a flight, but don't take it (or cancel it) you don't get the miles!

P.S. I did SIN-LHR yesterday on SQ and the service was impeccable. Puts all European & North American airlines in the shade and positively burries some supposedly 'full service' carriers!

FN-GM
21st Oct 2009, 16:14
Thanks guys,

I didnt know as i didnt provide membership number when i made the reservation.

You say present my card at check-in, just looking at the site they dont issue cards until you start earning miles. I wont earn any before i go. Would it be ok to give a membership number at check-in?

Thanks

MathFox
21st Oct 2009, 16:22
You might be able to add your FF# to the booking via the "my bookings" tab on the airline's website.

Giving your number at check in should be fine too.