PDA

View Full Version : Please help me understand

CRMCaptain
14th Oct 2009, 10:53
Do you still enjoy your job?

I was on a different forum (APC) asking a few questions about flight training and all hell broke loose. I have never seen so much whining in my entire life ... apparently the vast majority of American pilots hate their jobs (or at least the majority of people that post on that forum).

Is this true worldwide? Is it just in the US? Is it just on that forum?

OzExpat
14th Oct 2009, 11:49
Not having seen the thread to which you allude, I can't offer any comment. I can say, however, that I've been through any number of CRM courses over the years - involving tech crew, cabin crew and both together. I don't see how any folk could possibly get agitated about CRM as it's been with us for such a long time now and it works - for those who consciously practice it.

CRMCaptain
14th Oct 2009, 11:56
I can say, however, that I've been through any number of CRM courses over the years - involving tech crew, cabin crew and both together. I don't see how any folk could possibly get agitated about CRM as it's been with us for such a long time now and it works - for those who consciously practice it.

Maybe those are my initials ;)

P.S. Please move this topic in the wannabe section ... I have some flying experience but I wouldn't call myself a pro just yet.

P.P.S. I am not talking about just one post, I am talking about the general attitude really. It mostly comes out when people ask questions about flight training / professional pilot degrees / investing money that sort of stuff. I have no problem with cold showers and wake-up calls as long as people present the good and the bad.

MarkerInbound
14th Oct 2009, 19:14
The regional forum at APC can be entertaining at times. You have to remember that P/Oed pilots will post more than happy ones. That being said, I've posted over there that you should look long and hard before you make aviation your life. I was accused of hating my job. I've done this 30 years and am quite happy even though I'm unemployed at present. I really don't understand why they stay if they're so unhappy.

OzExpat
17th Oct 2009, 12:31
CRMCaptain... I thought you posted you're topic here because you wanted a wider opinion. At least that's how you're originating post sounded. But now you want it moved to a wannabe forum?

I sometimes wonder why I bother answering questions here. :confused: