PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit jump seat into UK?

Vode
10th Oct 2009, 14:34
What is the latest on cockpit jump seating into the UK?

Getoutofmygalley
10th Oct 2009, 15:58
It's a no-no as it has been since 9/11.

GWidgery
10th Oct 2009, 16:06
As far as I know most airlines simply don't allow it unless you're an employee of the airline!

oceancrosser
10th Oct 2009, 16:10
As far as I know most airlines simply don't allow it unless you're an employee of the airline!

I believe that is exactly what is being talked about. The brits eager to overdo the americans banned that pretty much as far as UK AOC holders are concerned.

Vode
10th Oct 2009, 16:52
Where is that rule published?

juniour jetset
10th Oct 2009, 17:15
Seems to be lots of cockpit jumpseat riding going on in Air France, although not on the UK sectors.

A and C
10th Oct 2009, 17:32
Cockpit jumpseating is going on all over he world, the only place that it is totaly banned is in the UK.

A year or two back I asked if a Royal Air Force Officer who was doing a human factors flight safety project could jumpseat with us to observe the civil way of doing things and even this proved to be too complicated to set up for security reasons.

It is high time that BALPA stood up to this "security" nonsence and took the DfT to court to to get some common sense back into the flight deck access issue.

Bealzebub
10th Oct 2009, 17:37
This (http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dft.gov.uk/foi/responses/2005/jul/securityrules11september2001/letteraboutthesecurityrulesa2332) might help.

Vode
10th Oct 2009, 18:31
The attached letter indicates that all UK registered aircraft must not have anyone without a justifiable operational role allowed to the flight deck. It is still unclear what rules foreign aircraft must follow when flying into UK.

It is amusing to note that there is a 'complaints procedure'. My God, do you really need a procedure for EVERYTHING in aviation :rolleyes:

BYALPHAINDIA
11th Oct 2009, 16:49
Yeah, Then the actual compaint needs a procedure itself.

(Great Britain run by 'Doo gooders' Beuracats 'Waffling politicians' and S***house people)

RMC
19th Aug 2016, 12:29
My company is one of them.....and has just removed the UK restriction from the part A. I have seen nothing issued that retracts this requirement?

Piltdown Man
21st Aug 2016, 19:10
My understanding for foreign airlines is that access to the flight deck during flight is restricted to the operating crew and those persons specifically permitted by the operator's Basic Operations Manual.

PM