PDA

View Full Version : Non-type LAME Certification.

Ngineer
6th Oct 2009, 23:30
Last shift a fellow worker told me he was asked by another SNR LAME/Supervisor to raise and certify a hold item on an aircraft he was not licenced on for a safehand spare, and was told that you can do this for safehands. I was surprised by this comment.

Does anyone know if this is legit, or perhaps ever done this before?

hewlett
7th Oct 2009, 00:01
Jumping at shadows?Was he asked to raise the coupon, or raise and certify?

IAW
7th Oct 2009, 00:36
What is a safehand spare?

Ngineer
7th Oct 2009, 00:40
A safehand is a package generally placed on board (usually the flt deck) for off-load at another port. Mainly for the purpose of company spare parts, documentation tranferred from station to station.

SRM
7th Oct 2009, 02:23
Did he have a Transit Authority on the type? if so its probably ok as he is not certifying for maintenace performed.

OlAME
7th Oct 2009, 05:08
Tell theLAME to do it.

hadagutfull
7th Oct 2009, 14:00
I think you will find any safe hand loaded on to an aircraft, may only be for use on that particular aircraft..... eg an expiring MEL or not able to get out of next port with that defect.

Any other item placed on board must be covered by an authority.. usually an EOR, or stores release else its a customs breach.... so be careful !!!
There is a lot of regs about classification and packaging especially when its considered a dangerous good.

As for certifying.. I think as a general rule, dont put pen to paper unless you are covered for that type on EQ (ie ENG or A/F or T/A or E/I/R)

Just my 2 bobs worth..... :ok:

Cheers

lordofthewings
8th Oct 2009, 08:46
Anyone can raise a safehands coupon. F.ck who gives a sh.t...Havent you guys got better things to do..Your not certifying for anything...Sheltered workshop QF:ugh:

hadagutfull
9th Oct 2009, 05:24
Your correct.... anyone can RAISE a safe hand coupon!!!
We got rules in place covering this and the tech crew have rules in place to accept it!
... and im not going to F@#k up my career, or whats left of it, over a safe hand!!!

Dont shoot the messenger!!!

And yes, I have better things to do..... but helping a colleague with an issue is something ill always have time for.... as irrelevant as it seems.

Have a nice day :)

Ngineer
9th Oct 2009, 05:56
And yes, I have better things to do..... but helping a colleague with an issue is something ill always have time for....

And I thought there were'nt many nice people left in these forums. Cheers mate.:ok: