View Full Version : King Air B 200

kartik.subramaniam
23rd Sep 2009, 04:27
HI guys , I have a Canadian CPL and an Indian CPL with 400 TT and around 100 on the B 200 . Currently flying for a charter company in India. Wanted to know if I stand any chance in Canada on B200?

+TSRA
23rd Sep 2009, 05:16
Anythings possible, however the market is still shakey and will be for sometime yet so unless the planets align you would more than likely have to work a ground based job first (Ramp, Dispatching, etc) - this could be upwards of two years or so.

The other catch is quite a few clients of King Air and similar typed operators require certain minimum times which at first may seem excessive (2000tt, 500 multi is not unheard of) so with only 400tt you will have a smaller list of companies who would hire direct entry, and there are a lot of guys with more time who have been laid off, so again ramp work would be your best routing at present.

What Limits
23rd Sep 2009, 14:39
And unless you have the unrestricted right to live and work in Canada, you are unlikely to get a work permit in the current economic climate.

bonny
25th Dec 2009, 12:26
,,regarding the b200,,,i was just wondering what are the rule;s with the dgca regarding the b200 training like,,as in do they want you to have time in actual,,,or is time in sim fine (full motion 3 axis,obviously),,,,if anybody could shed some light on the clear cut ways of getting a b200 endorsement would be much appreciated ,,,,

777AV8R
27th Dec 2009, 22:50
No..you go up to Delhi, sit in the little office, drink some tea, hopefully your handler will show up with the paperwork. Then, you are summoned to the filthy little office, just around the courtyard, sit amongst all the logbooks, operating manuals...in fact...have a look around...your logbook might be sitting in a corner. Its the one with all the dust on it.

If you've been really nice to your 'handler', you will go to the interview and exit with an ATPL. Its really a wonderous operation. You'll probably come out of there with about 10,000 hours and you've never even had to sit and work for it in the real aircraft....just like the rest of them.