PDA

View Full Version : Is the JAR PPL valid in India?

saleemarshad
22nd Sep 2009, 16:19
Hello,
Wondering if i could fly in india as a hobby with a JAR PPL. Also if anyone has the hourly hire costs for a c152/182/pa28 in india.
Many thanks
S

IO540
23rd Sep 2009, 09:51
It is up to the State of the aircraft registry to decide what privileges (if any) a given license carries in that aircraft.

If the aircraft is registered in India, it is up to the Indian CAA to decide whether a JAR-FCL license is acceptable. You need to find them ;) and contact them. Or, if you can find an aeroclub down there, they might be able to tell you.

I would expect India to do a local validation of a JAR PPL.

Pace
23rd Sep 2009, 10:11
hI

I collected and ferried back an old Citation 2 jet from India Ok it had been placed on the N reg and I was flying under an FAA ATP and type rating but a hint :rolleyes:

I was taken by car across New Delhi and informed by a handling agent that no customs export had been arranged. I asked how long that would take and was informed 4 days! I told them I wanted the aircraft out of India that day for my first leg to Pakistan. " You Must pay" $100 had the whole thing sorted in 3 hrs and I was away.

In that part of the globe anything can be achieved but take some $s with you :E

Pace

IO540
23rd Sep 2009, 10:21
Yes, an N-reg can be flown worldwide on an FAA license.

Only $100 ??? That was cheap ;)

Pace
23rd Sep 2009, 10:52
Only $100 ??? That was cheap

That was what I thought. Anything more and I would have had to have got approval from the ferry company.

Pakistan was scary with 3 armed guards each to me and my co-pilot and in Pakistan sandwiches did the job so even cheaper :) standing over what was described as a loo with three guards holding machine guns was another thing :{

Arab countries back to $s :) Especially Egypt

Pace