PDA

View Full Version : Best Flight Bag for a Pilot

X-BleedOpen
18th Sep 2009, 09:03
Hello guys!

I would need some advise for buying a new FlightBag, as my current Samsonite is arriving to the end of its operative life.

I was thinking about something that fits my A320 cockpit (between the seat and the oxygen masks...) to put the documents, the headsets, logbook and maybe also the laptop. All this possibly on wheels...

Any idea or any recomendation? What are you guys using?

K.Whyjelly
18th Sep 2009, 17:12
I use this one.....it's soft sided and not leather but I think it's fantastic. Loads of storage space and secure pockets and it fits neatly between the Airbus seat and the sidewall. It's worth the cost just for the wheels alone......no more lugging heavy bags around. Shop around on the web for the best price, it does vary quite a bit depending on where you purchase it.

Wenger Swiss Gear The Potomac wheeled computer case Black > Laptop / Netbook Bags > Laptop & Business (http://www.bagsdirect.com/Product_Details.aspx?prodid=WENGR_GA7466)

Intruder
18th Sep 2009, 18:40
There are MANY versions of that bag around, and they are very popular. If you carry a computer and not so many Jepp binders, it's a good choice.

Akrapovic
18th Sep 2009, 19:00
I use a 10 quid rucksack from the local sports shop - couple of pouches / dividers - does the job for me!

Agaricus bisporus
18th Sep 2009, 20:46
Speaking purely as Devil's Advocate I'd suggest the "best" flight bag would be one without handles that won't fit anywhere in your flight deck, and is the wrong size to carry what you want it to carry.

Next daft question please?

Jesus!

foresight
18th Sep 2009, 20:56
All this possibly on wheels...

no, not wheels...!

X-BleedOpen
19th Sep 2009, 00:39
no, not wheels...!

Why?

Thank you guys for your help... The website you suggested me, Whyjelly, is very nice! I've found a couple of interesting things. :)

Any other idea before I make my final choice?

ford cortina
19th Sep 2009, 07:42
I have this one. Wenger Swiss Gear Shield Wheeled 17" Laptop Pilot Case Black > Laptop / Netbook Bags > Laptop & Business (http://www.bagsdirect.com/ProductDetails/WENGR_WA7250/Wenger-Swiss-Gear/Shield-Wheeled-17inch-Laptop-Pilot-Case)
Fits just nicely in next to the seat on the 737 and according to a friend, who also has one, is great for the 757 as well...:ok:

ABO944
27th Dec 2009, 15:56
I have a similar bag (same make) but without the wheels, mainly as I think they are a bit Golf Alpha Yankee !:}

Good bag with plenty of room and should last a fair few years!

Intruder
27th Dec 2009, 17:40
That type of bag is widely used, and available in office supply and discount stores everywhere. Price & quality vary widely, too, so be careful if you buy online.

RYR738_driver
27th Dec 2009, 22:59
Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: Wenger Swissgear Potomac Laptop Roller Case, inc Matching Laptop Case, fits upto 15.4", black (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000NONI34/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1261958158&sr=8-1&condition=new)
Bought the Swissgear 15.4" Potomac case over the summer from Quigleys through Amazon.co.uk. Half the price of the link in post #2 and about £40 cheaper than House of Fraser. Fits nicely in the side of the 737NG aswell.
After a couple of months of use the handle jammed. Sent an email to the sellers and they sent me a new one that arrived the next morning. A+ for custome service :ok:

RYR738